Nick Cleggs Lib Dems would benefit most from AV

While under PR they may get seats, no-one would be so foolish to as to form a coalition with them, so they would remain an irrelevance.

but the bnp gaining seats would mean they had a legitimate platform to canvas people and would be funded in part by tax payers money.

but the bnp gaining seats would mean they had a legitimate platform to canvas people and would be funded in part by tax payers money.

that's right, and it makes me feel sick to think about it -I'll vote no for alsorts of reason- the BNP is one, but the overriding one is to leave clegg in a political vacuum

So you think that it's right that 6.8 millions votes returned 57 MPs for one party and 8.6 million votes returned 258 MPs for another party?

I despair if voters don't take this into account. A yes to AV would most probably herald the end of single party government, and quite rightly to IMHO.

Personally i would find difficulty in making multiple votes.

The idea of settling for sloppy seconds is surely counter productive and would lead to more argument than we have at present.

I find it hard to vote for ONE of the tossers and often spoil my vote - when the chips are down I vote labour because I fear and loathe tories (and libs too now).

perhaps an AV system whereby you rate the candidates according to how big a <removed> you think they are and the one who comes last wins

I despair if voters don't take this into account. A yes to AV would most probably herald the end of single party government, and quite rightly to IMHO.

If that`s what you want then we should be going for PR not a watered down version or as Nick once said “it’s a miserable little compromise"

Archived