New car for my wife

Hi. This will be a quick question, I hope. My wife needs a new car. We have one for now, but it isn't enough, when we have to drive to work for example. So we are wondering what car would be suitable for a woman, in terms of look, and safety. Maybe you have some thoughts you want to share? I would apprecieate all suggestions.

I don't think there is a car 'suitable' for anyone!

I'm a woman and have driven big cars, small cars, posh cars, old cars.

As long as the car is roadworthy it's up to how it's driven that determines how safe it is.

Looks? Some people want a sporty looking car, some want to drive round in big 4x4s and some just want a hatchback for getting from A-B.

Best thing is to ask your wife what she wants.

Well, your right fox, but it just is that feeling, that women drive smaller cars, and men drive bigger and heavier ones. I know, i was asking her, but she don't know yet either.

barleycorn: we saw that car, and it really looks nice. Its more like a city car, which is very good for our needs. Also, we have a friend living in Ireland and we have the opportunity to get one from there. Here is the dealer address that I found this Fiat 500, the review is also good. And the cost of a new one ranges from 12k to 18k. Well, I'll have to look at some dealers here in England too, to compare prices. But is this a fair price for this car?

• 7 months later...

Hi. My wifes been driving renault megan 03 1.6 16vale 88miles. Gives anything frm 38mpg-41mpg local. And motorway its awsome 58-60mpg depends how you drive.Its like green gold coulor,5dr, all electrics, full m.o.t till aug next year, R/T till feb. But unforuntley i have to sell it due to i have bought a new bmw 535 60plate. If your interested let me know i can honisly say its defo ladys car.

Archived