Norton Lees-Meersbrook

Lozzer

Hi Lozzer.

You could try contacting The West Riding Registry of Deeds at Wakefield archives.

The majority of records for the West Riding have survived. The problem you may have is that the area you live in was in Derbyshire at one time, and these may not have survived.

http://www.archives.wyjs.org.uk/index.asp?pg=ablocw.html

There is registry of Deeds Information Leaflet (PDF) to download.

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/ also have a picture of Old Hall Norton Lees which is now Bishops House.

Tuppie

i live in the area and want to know more about the history of the park and surrounding area, and find any photos of the area, i've looked at picturesheffield.com, and there are a few, any one know where i could go for more. i am particularly interested in finding out who has lived in the house that i now live in, any ideas?

thanks!!! :)

Lived in Harveyclough rd for a long time

• 1 month later...

Try Sheffield Archives on Shoreham Strreet next Radio Sheffield. they have all sorts of records for Sheffield and area.Lots of info there and helpful staff. I have lived on Warminster Road since 1952 and remember it not being a through road stopping at Ketton Avenue and starting up again at Warminster Close.Unfortunately regret not having many photos of area.

[QUOTE=Lozzer;4328] i am particularly interested in finding out who has lived in the house that i now live in, any ideas?

thanks!!! :)

Assuming your house isn't too modern try the 1881 census which can be researched by street-but you need to go to archives or LDS family centre[archives in town latter is in Grenoside]

Archived