Why is everyone dyeing their hair jet black ?

Mine looks black, but it's not supposed to be :( the dye's just built up too much. I'm growing it out to go light brown :) .. Tempted to go red brown tho.

same here love, i did once try those lighners so i could go reddy brown, but every dye i put on now, goes back to black, not that i dont like it i do just want a change

same here love, i did once try those lighners so i could go reddy brown, but every dye i put on now, goes back to black, not that i dont like it i do just want a change

Black is ok unless you have very pale skin then it looks terrible.

Arrrgh, can you not even get yours to have a red tinge? I'm just sick of having really dark hair, it's been like this for at least 7 years now. I was debating colouring it http://www.boots.com/en/John-Frieda-Precision-Foam-deep-cherry-brown-3VR_1150881/?CAWELAID=666244293&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-John%20Frieda%20Precision%20Foam%20deep%20cherry%20brown%203VR that colour, but now you've said that - I'm not sure whether it will work or not. It is a very dark brown/cherry red though, so hopefully I'll get a slight change.

I was thinking about having it bleach bathed, just to get it over and done with.

Black is ok unless you have very pale skin then it looks terrible.

yeah ive been all the colours, but i have to say i think browns and blacks look so much more healthy, ive only been dark about 5 years, always been blonde, but my hair was lovely for a week, then went dull and brassy, the ends were terrible, my hair is back to how it should be now im dark

Arrrgh, can you not even get yours to have a red tinge? I'm just sick of having really dark hair, it's been like this for at least 7 years now. I was debating colouring it http://www.boots.com/en/John-Frieda-Precision-Foam-deep-cherry-brown-3VR_1150881/?CAWELAID=666244293&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-John%20Frieda%20Precision%20Foam%20deep%20cherry%20brown%203VR that colour, but now you've said that - I'm not sure whether it will work or not. It is a very dark brown/cherry red though, so hopefully I'll get a slight change.

haha no love, tried a red a few weeks back, the roots a little red, but the rest is jut black, whatever i put on it, its black, tried 3 strippers at a tenner wack, and i was shocked it did make it lighter i was chuffed, then put the nice choc brown on it, guess what, it went black:hihi::hihi:

and yeah id just love a yummy looking choc brown i used to have or maybe a cherry or mahogany red

haha no love, tried a red a few weeks back, the roots a little red, but the rest is jut black, whatever i put on it, its black, tried 3 strippers at a tenner wack, and i was shocked it did make it lighter i was chuffed, then put the nice choc brown on it, guess what, it went black:hihi::hihi:

and yeah id just love a yummy looking choc brown i used to have or maybe a cherry or mahogany red

Arrr, so unfair!

I wish I'd never gone so dark, and never used a permanent colour anyway! I'd love to go redder than that, but I know for a fact that I'll just end up with bright red roots (my hairs naturally near enough blonde) and black ends :hihi:

yeah ive been all the colours, but i have to say i think browns and blacks look so much more healthy, ive only been dark about 5 years, always been blonde, but my hair was lovely for a week, then went dull and brassy, the ends were terrible, my hair is back to how it should be now im dark

Yes, my hair is dyed blonde but it gets very dry and strawy, unless I condition it well.

Archived