Giant african land snails..who likes em.

I used to have some, there lovely and very interesting to watch, Great for little kids aswell because they dont have germs, but a word of warning..... there hermaphrodites and breed like mad! mine used to have up to 50 eggs a go! lol, There not slimy either but they do have a suction to them thats weird when holding them, mine got as big as apples but they only live about 6 yrs, So mine died yrs ago :(

yes that worries me as they got both sexual organs..was going to call 1 lady ga ga..but i settled for derek and clive lol.they are quite fascinating.one of the snails i got hates water sprinkled on them,i call this 1 a scardy cat...the other 1 loves it...cant get enuff of it.they are very sweet i suppose and very easy to look after.:)

Yes and cheap too :), Get them a cuttlefish from the petshop for their shells, or smash up egg shells for them to eat, I used to put a shallow dish of water in for mine and they would have a bath lol, Have you got them on peat free soil? Apparently peat is bad for them, Have a google about them, theres loads on the internet about them, diet, housing etc, I used to put the egss in the garden in the summer lol, I swear the snails round here have got bigger! lol

I had a couple...for about a month.

They STINK!!!! Despite making them a brand new house out of a Curver storage box....making holes in the lid bit for them to get air...lovingly adding large stones and things to interest them..including cucumber..they seemed interesting at first....but as the novelty quickly wore off....I decided to move them on.

They originally came from someone in the Church I am with...and another person expressed and interest so they went to him...and he only kept them for about a month too...the novelty fades quickly.

If they do a monthly round of all the families in the church I shouldn't get them back until about 2040 :hihi:

I was changing their soil twice a week...and replacing the cuttlefish which they poo'ed and wee'd on.

Maybe I was just sensitive to the smell of them.

It was fun though "spoofing" them with a water mister...to keep them moist...they seemed to love it.

I was changing their soil twice a week...and replacing the cuttlefish which they poo'ed and wee'd on.

Maybe I was just sensitive to the smell of them.

It was fun though "spoofing" them with a water mister...to keep them moist...they seemed to love it.

yes u must be sensitive to the smell,i got dogs as well...so my sensitivity to them is different i suppose.:)

Archived