Colonic irrigation, Anyone had one?

Just wondered if anyone had had one? and if so where and how much? and did it hurt?

My dad died 7 yrs ago now with colon cancer and it scares me to death that i will get it, Plus i dont have the best of diets and i smoke so i was considering paying for a colonic to have a "spring clean" but dont know where or who does it?

just have some laxative that will clear you out.i cannot see why u would want one as i do not see what link there is to bowel cancer and what purpose it would serve.

I dont really know but i thought it would clean my bowels and colon, Ive read somewhere that it was good for the colon, When my dad died they (doctors) said that myself and my sister should be screened just to be safe but you know what the NHS is like and we never heard anything and if i mention it to my doctors they laugh as though im crackers! lol which i possibly am! :huh:

I dont really know but i thought it would clean my bowels and colon, Ive read somewhere that it was good for the colon, When my dad died they (doctors) said that myself and my sister should be screened just to be safe but you know what the NHS is like and we never heard anything and if i mention it to my doctors they laugh as though im crackers! lol which i possibly am! :huh:

Colonic irrigation would not stop you getting bowel cancer. A lot of bowel cancer, is caused through smoking and alchohol.

i can understand your concern,my father has had lung cancer ...im a smoker so i worry too.try health supplements for the colon and try to eat healthily...a colonic irregation will not do you any good tbh..try not to worry,i know it must be hard to do so,as i the same myself..try and put it to the back of your mind.:)

Colonic irrigation would not stop you getting bowel cancer. A lot of bowel cancer, is caused through smoking and alchohol.

Or more specifically, bowel polyps. The screening is colonoscopy, not colonic irrigation, and it's nothing to do with clearing you out really. The clearing you out (achieved either with a stimulant laxative or an enema) is just so that the medics can see whether you have bowel polyps. If they can see polyps when they are just polyps and deal with them then they are directly preventing bowel cancer.

Polyps can take 10-20 years to make the cellular change from harmless polyp to tumour, allowing lots of time for screening to spot them and remove them when they're harmless. It's also painless to have them removed during the course of a colonoscopy, so the screening and treatment is all dealt with in one session as long as the polyps are picked up before they start changing to tumours.

i can understand your concern,my father has had lung cancer ...im a smoker so i worry too.try health supplements for the colon and try to eat healthily...a colonic irregation will not do you any good tbh..try not to worry,i know it must be hard to do so,as i the same myself..try and put it to the back of your mind.:)

I wish i could stop smoking, Ive tried alsorts even hypnotherapy last year but the problem is i have no willpower and i do enjoy it, Im going to try again with patches and sort my diet out lol

Archived