Where is the bee?

I don't suppose they go around thinking about it, but if bees in general were aggressive, they would die out.

Do queens have stingers? - It sounds to me more like a bumble bee and they nest in very small groups in the ground.

Yes they do and bumble bees can get ya more than once unlike the honey bee, but in general if you're not a flower they wont bother you at all.

Why do you doubt it's a queen, it's ideal weather for them to be looking for nest sites..

Because most people are surprised by the size of a normal bee as it's quite rare for your average person to see one close up, and often mistake them for queens.

This last week, I have had 2 of those massive bee's in my house, so big they looked like they had battle gear on,I get a glass, put something over top of it when I caught the bee, and let it fly camly outside.

Same with wasp's they seem to be massive this year also, had one in me car, luckly I wasn't driving, I just kept running round my car opening the door where ever it flew to get it out.I looked a right idiot.

Iv been seen back into the house for the last 2 days by wasps, I hate them the mostest, I think we have a nest out there.. Im just glad its outside, it was in the loft last yr :( Everytime we opened the hatch, they divebombed out at us.

I wonder how the op got on, was the bee found?

Archived