Under 8s football teams

Don't do it, the world of junior football is more mental than facebook, been there, done that, got the coaching badges and gave up.

I wouldn't wish Sheffield junior football on any child.

im starting to agree with you, i used to love going with my lad but now it is just a chore and somewhere along the lines the fun has disappeared

im starting to agree with you, i used to love going with my lad but now it is just a chore and somewhere along the lines the fun has disappeared

My 2 eldest lads respectively both won player of the year, one a striker in the A league, the other a goalie in the B league, both now have no involvement in football and they are better for it.

Myself i managed for 2 years at under 12/13 level, it was the most soul destroying 2 years of my life, most parents are looking for a pension from their kids, i was all about learning and developing for later on, the parents wouldn't have none of it, it was all about winning and oneupmanship, the skill of their child was never an issue, it was always the manager at fault.

Btw, both my lads reached sufc/swfc academy level, i'm a blade and wendesdays academy was by far the better.

I have a younger son that i'd never introduce to Sunday league football, it offers nothing for the children.

Don't do it, the world of junior football is more mental than facebook, been there, done that.

Actually, I have to agree. I am totally fed up the cliques and the pushy parents with their underhanded tactics to get their kids selected, and put other kids down, etc

I think the junior leagues in this country and how the majority of teams work are a disgrace and do more for knocking any love of the sport out of young kids. The international football scene proves this really.

If your into cheating on an epic scale, children draughted in above their age, parents shouting abuse at kids, refs being chinned or threatened with a beating, infighting etc etc go for it,i myself now avoid it like the plague.

There's no loyalty at all, i even saw a parent beat their kid for letting in a goal, this was supported by the manager, great kid too, best goalie i ever saw at that age, he plays ice hockey now without pressure and plays with a smile on his face.

Actually, I have to agree. I am totally fed up the cliques and the pushy parents with their underhanded tactics to get their kids selected, and put other kids down, etc

I think the junior leagues in this country and how the majority of teams work are a disgrace and do more for knocking any love of the sport out of young kids. The international football scene proves this really.

Pushy parents. :hihi:

I found it was all about the parents and nothing to do with the childs progress.

I myself was punched by an opposing teams parents for questioning a father for shouting to his son "take his fu c king legs" (sorry mods)

Just don't go there, if you want a relationship with your child in later life.

Imo, the worst thing is the green un publishing results and the JL having a league table, it negates any skill or learning in favour of results results results.

Pushy parents. :hihi:

I found it was all about the parents and nothing to do with the childs progress.

I myself was punched by an opposing teams parents for questioning a father for shouting to his son "take his fu c king legs" (sorry mods)

Just don't go there, if you want a relationship with your child in later life.

Imo, the worst thing is the green un publishing results and the JL having a league table, it negates any skill or learning in favour of results results results.

There are kids at my son's school, and if they lose at the weekend they are upset all week, because the parents are giving them hell.:loopy:

Only a pure idiot would let their child become involved in Sheffield junior football.

I'll say it again, your child will learn nothing but a billy big balls attitude.

Until the league tables are dropped we have nothing to offer our kids in this field, one single mistake could see them ostracized, i've seen it many times, one week a hero, the next a villain.

I know we have the biggest junior league in Europe, but using current techniques and rules we're on a hiding to nothing, what goes on on our pitches up and down the country every Sunday is a disgrace to our children.

Archived