Under 8s football teams

Only a pure idiot would let their child become involved in Sheffield junior football.

I'll say it again, your child will learn nothing but a billy big balls attitude.

Until the league tables are dropped we have nothing to offer our kids in this field, one single mistake could see them ostracized, i've seen it many times, one week a hero, the next a villain.

I know we have the biggest junior league in Europe, but using current techniques and rules we're on a hiding to nothing, what goes on on our pitches up and down the country every Sunday is a disgrace to our children.

i have to agree yet again with you

My son played for one season and never again.

Parents swearing and fighting on the touchline.

Games called off halfway through due to fighting parents,

kids looking on in horror.

I pulled him out halfway through the season and he was glad to be out of it. We now just have a kick about in the park and hes a lot happier now.

Its all about winning and nothing else matters, the kids enjoyment comes second in junior football.

thanks for the advice folks, he has just finished his first season. done really well and been picked up by an academy, but what a crazy world we have entered into, agree with most of the comments and certainly have experienced some of the above, my eldest plays cricket and it is a totally different experience. why is it football sends people mental, so much stress invloved. trouble is my son loves it at the moment so we will have suffer.

My son has just completed his first year in a junior football team, U8s, and it has been a very pleasant experience. I have found the other parents very friendly and very supportive of all the children playing, including the opposition. Give it a try and make up your own mind!

Archived