Questions about Motability Milage Allowence

Hi people,

I have some questiona about Motability cars. I know they give you an allowence of 20,000 miles per year and if you go over its 40p a mile.

1. Has anyone ever actually gone over?

1a, If so did the Motability actually stick to what the paperwork says or don't they bother checking?

1b, if yes how often do they check the milage, yearly or at the end of the contract?

I've worked out that upto now I should have only done a max of 13,917miles but sofar I'm 14,000+

Thecar has made a massive change to my life for the better but I can't imagin not using it for a week or so just to get my milage back down :(

They definitely won't check it until the car is returned at the end of the contract. I imagine that you'll be sent a bill for however many miles above 60,000 you are.

It doesn't sound as though you would have to cut down by very much in order to get back below the target rate of mileage. Has the total so far included some holidays to distant points?

Yes Scotland once and Warwickshire twice, skegness a few times

Scotland alone could have added a thousand miles to your total. If you are keen to stay below the 60,000-mile limit, you might have to defer your next holiday to Scotland for a few months until you have restored the normal average, but other than that I don't think you have much cause for concern.

]They definitely won't check it until the car is returned at the end of the contract.[/b] I imagine that you'll be sent a bill for however many miles above 60,000 you are.

It doesn't sound as though you would have to cut down by very much in order to get back below the target rate of mileage. Has the total so far included some holidays to distant points?

Can you confirm that the system has altered, when the mother inlaw had a mobility car the mileage was checked every year (through the servicing data supplied to Mobility by the garage) any over milage was charged for per year. At the end of the mobility contract, even though her total mileage had not exceeded her total 3 x 1 year alloted mileage allowence, no refund was given. Please clarify where you get your details from.

Can you confirm that the system has altered, when the mother inlaw had a mobility car the mileage was checked every year (through the servicing data supplied to Mobility by the garage) any over milage was charged for per year. At the end of the mobility contract, even though her total mileage had not exceeded her total 3 x 1 year alloted mileage allowence, no refund was given. Please clarify where you get your details from.

To be honest, I don't; we have a motability car and I wasn't aware of any check having been made, but we're under the limit anyway. If the mileage data is supplied to them by the servicing company, I could easily be wrong.

Archived