Prefabs in/around Sheffield

My Aunt lived in one on Herries Rd at the side of where the Five Arches pub was built,I remember watching the low loaders bringing them and being erected.They were well in front of their time,built in kitchens a gas fridge a nice bathroom they were nice and cosy and were built in a square like formation.

My Aunt lived in one on Herries Rd at the side of where the Five Arches pub was built,I remember watching the low loaders bringing them and being erected.They were well in front of their time,built in kitchens a gas fridge a nice bathroom they were nice and cosy and were built in a square like formation.

I knew people in a prefab in the location you describe, their name was Mary and Arnold Oates they had two sons, I believe they called the road Teynham Rd that ran off Herries Rd. I lived in Grimesthorpe and as you say the low loaders delivered the prefabs in sections, it was a source of wonderment for a young kid to see these being delivered and erected on a prepared slab. I remember me asking one of the drivers or either him offering me a ride to go and pick another load up and I must have asked my Mam if it was OK because we went to Doncaster to pick another section up. Gods truth, it was another time and era I suppose.

I knew people in a prefab in the location you describe, their name was Mary and Arnold Oates they had two sons, I believe they called the road Teynham Rd that ran off Herries Rd. I lived in Grimesthorpe and as you say the low loaders delivered the prefabs in sections, it was a source of wonderment for a young kid to see these being delivered and erected on a prepared slab. I remember me asking one of the drivers or either him offering me a ride to go and pick another load up and I must have asked my Mam if it was OK because we went to Doncaster to pick another section up. Gods truth, it was another time and era I suppose.
Yes there was a couple of prefabs there,the sons may have been Barry and Mick.Defo a different time.

• 3 months later...

Archived