Do i have a wasps nest??

ive been outside today with my son, and noticed about 5 wasps flying about at the side of my house, one full size one and 4 smaller ones, anyway they keep flitting about and landing on my outside wall and sort of searching for holes to get in, i watched for a while, and the big one just sits on the wall while the little ones carry on the search to find a hole to get in, popping in holes but not fully then backing back out, as if the holes were dead ends so to speak. i then saw one go into a tiny hole and just sit there, bum stuck out

I went inside and came back out later, the larger one was still stuck to the wall, the others had gone, but the one i saw sit in the hole is still there, bum out.:confused:

whats confusing me is a few years back in my old house i had a large nest in my wall cavity, and all day loads of wasps were coming and going all day, i had to pay £55 for someone to come and spray it, there was loads:gag:

but this one doesnt seem like a full nest, so does anyone know how they find a place to nest, do you think its a real nest and these 5 are confused as to where to get back into it, or are they searching for a hole to build one? and ive got visions of the one thats sat in the hole, is digging a hole into my house walls im so scared right now, i wont sleep tonight:mad:

I'd act now if I were you before it does become something major.

how lol i dont want to pay anther 55 quid out if its not a nest and im just paranoid, im terrified of them too cant even get close, and it near my front door too:(

they are searching to build, deter them with some repellent, should do the trick.

ok ill something, do you know how long until they get in:confused: im scared, ive a massive phobia to the piont where i have panic attacks

Are they wasps or masonry bees?

Picture

oh im not 100 percent sure to be honest, but they do look like wasps, the big one had the longer thin body of a wasp, the little ones i couldnt get close enough to see

As von said, the sun as probably got them active and they are looking for a suitable nest site.

Don’t let your phobia let you get ripped off as some might play on it.

i know what your saying, i cant afford 55 quid again, ill try and buy something tomorrow to try and deter them, im going to have to ask someone to do it for me, as im not lying when i say if even one flies at me, i will go pure white, hot and cold, scream for england, super fasts heartbeat, start shaking and most probably faint, its not nice:(

Archived