What is the difference between love and infatuation

Love is when the other person wants you back. Infatuation is exactly the same, only the object of your affection doesn't feel the same as you. they don't want you back. So suck it up baby and move the hell on.

Love is when the other person wants you back. Infatuation is exactly the same, only the object of your affection doesn't feel the same as you. they don't want you back. So suck it up baby and move the hell on.

mmmmmmmmm....sounds interesting, thanks :)

WHAAAAAT!!! Youve been reading too many Mills & Boon!

Love is a solely personal thing. It has nothing to do with how anyone else feels and the depth of your emotion is not based on the reciprocal feelings of others...

Worst definition ever!

My advice is enjoy every moment you feel the way you do for those moments are rate and precious :)

ooer, Waldo thats strong manly talk from you !:roll:

Love is a solely personal thing. It has nothing to do with how anyone else feels and the depth of your emotion is not based on the reciprocal feelings of others...

Yes, love is the most beautiful, natural thing that money can buy.:)

Worst definition ever!

My advice is enjoy every moment you feel the way you do for those moments are rate and precious :)

Yeah, that's what I mean; it has nothing to do with how the other person responds to you. It's a personal thing, coming from your own heart.

So, you could have those feelings; and if the other person feels the same, it gets called love, and everything ends happily ever after.

If you have the same feelings, and they don't feel the same, it gets called infatuation and is generally considered unhealthy.

But in essence, the same thing.

Yeah, that's what I mean; it has nothing to do with how the other person responds to you. It's a personal thing, coming from your own heart.

So, you could have those feelings; and if the other person feels the same, it gets called love, and everything ends happily ever after.

If you have the same feelings, and they don't feel the same, it gets called infatuation and is generally considered unhealthy.

I think the best kind of love is unrequited love actually.:)

Nah, the best kind is self love.

If you can't have someone you love; the only thing to do is love yourself more and maybe picture what your beloved will look like when they're 103.

(where's the throwing up smiley when you need it?)

My bold

No, it doesn't - it's unrequited love, as mentioned by Patty above.

Basically, love lasts - even unrequited love - and infatuation usually burns out quickly. Infatuation also tends to be overwhelming and obsessive, and the object of a person's infatuation is quite often unobtainable, for whatever reason.

Archived