What is the difference between love and infatuation

The most important kind of love is the rarest, the pure and unconditional love we should all feel every day for everyone and the world around us.

Why do people have such a hard time with the concept of self-love? I would say self-love is a pre-requesite for the kind of love you mention here Karis.

I don't mean self-love in the sense of 'such a person is in love with themself, has no time for others, is just self-obsessed etc' ... which isn't actually love at all. There is no feeling involved with that kind of 'love', it's all just mental (ego).

The self-love I mean is a feeling thing; it's heart-felt, warmth, unconditional, accepting; it starts in you (in every person) and the more you feel it the more it grows and radiates naturally (unforced) outwards to other people.

So if you're looking outside yourself, for love, to get love; or whatever; and it's not working (which it won't, cos outside of yourself is the wrong place to look), all I'm saying is maybe it's an idea to take a step back, go back to basics and start feeling love inside yourself.

I've done the unrequited love thing; and I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks the above makes me sound suicidal; you'll just have to shoot me. :P

Why do people have such a hard time with the concept of self-love? I would say self-love is a pre-requesite for the kind of love you mention here Karis.

I don't mean self-love in the sense of 'such a person is in love with themself, has no time for others, is just self-obsessed etc' ... which isn't actually love at all. There is no feeling involved with that kind of 'love', it's all just mental...

So if you're looking outside yourself, for love, to get love; or whatever; and it's not working (which it won't, cos outside of yourself is the wrong place to look), all I'm saying is maybe it's an idea to take a step back, go back to basics and start feeling love inside yourself.:P

I'm not sure why you singled out my post as I'm the one advocating selfless love as the most inportant.

Self love is crucial to happiness; love the person you are and it will radiate out and touch others...

But, this is totally off topic as self love hasn't got anything to do with infatuation... :)

I don't mean self-love in the sense of 'such a person is in love with themself, has no time for others, is just self-obsessed etc' ... which isn't actually love at all. There is no feeling involved with that kind of 'love', it's all just mental (ego).

The self-love I mean is a feeling thing; it's heart-felt, warmth, unconditional, accepting; it starts in you (in every person) and the more you feel it the more it grows and radiates naturally (unforced) outwards to other people.

So if you're looking outside yourself, for love, to get love; or whatever; and it's not working (which it won't, cos outside of yourself is the wrong place to look), all I'm saying is maybe it's an idea to take a step back, go back to basics and start feeling love inside yourself.

I've done the unrequited love thing; and I'm sorry, but if anyone thinks the above makes me sound suicidal; you'll just have to shoot me. :P

I feel you Waldo, you have all this love bottled up inside and you want to share it with everyone until it kills you one way or another.

I'm not sure why you singled out my post as I'm the one advocating selfless love as the most inportant.

Self love is crucial to happiness; love the person you are and it will radiate out and touch others...

But, this is totally off topic as self love hasn't got anything to do with infatuation... :)

Sorry, wasn't singling you out mate. I think we're pretty much in agreement.

Was just responding to the idea of loving others as being the ultimate of love, which just felt the need to make the point of love being something that's in each person, and there's an inside to outside kinda direction to it.

Rather than, when you feel empty and haven't connected with love inside your own being; but still go round trying to love other people; which just seems wrong way around to me.

Ultimatly though; no self, no other; only love. :)

Most of my post wasn't directed at you though, am just waffling on, and letting people know I'm not at all suicidal!! :)

Sorry, wasn't singling you out mate. I think we're pretty much in agreement.

Was just responding to the idea of loving others as being the ultimate of love, which just felt the need to make the point of love being something that's in each person, and there's an inside to outside kinda direction to it.

Rather than, when you feel empty and haven't connected with love inside your own being; but still go round trying to love other people; which just seems wrong way around to me.

Ultimatly though; no self, no other; only love. :)

Most of my post wasn't directed at you though, am just waffling on, and letting people know I'm not at all suicidal!! :)

We don't think you're suicidal *and if you were, you'd have plenty of people here to moan at :)*

But I think we are totally in agreement.

But I will say, I think when you do love yourself, it sets you apart from others and finding relationships gets even more difficult than it was previously.

I have that problem; people want people obsessed with cars and clothes and celebrities and I don't give a monkey's about that kind of thing.

I think, you and I, are in the same boat, mate :P

You've been having a "plastic" relationship with him for years?

Do women still have a thing for him, anyway?

Isn't it Gerard Butler these days?[/QUOTE]

Well it is in my house :love: but then again , I wouldnt crawl over George to get to Gerard unless he was wearing his Phantom outfit.

OOps sorry for the flip post, this seems to have taken a very serious tone .

You've been having a "plastic" relationship with him for years?

Do women still have a thing for him, anyway?

Isn't it Gerard Butler these days?[/QUOTE]

Well it is in my house :love: but then again , I wouldnt crawl over George to get to Gerard unless he was wearing his Phantom outfit.

OOps sorry for the flip post, this seems to have taken a very serious tone .

MMMMM Gerard in the phantom outfit singing Music of the night........

Archived