BNP candidate charged with public order offence

I dont see why the burning of a book no matter what book is worthy of charging someone with a public order offence,either we have free speach etc or we dont.After all how many muslims have been charged with burning our flag?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-13028793

Inciting religious hatred; is that ok in your book ? (no pun intended).

:cool:

I dont see why the burning of a book no matter what book is worthy of charging someone with a public order offence,either we have free speach etc or we dont.After all how many muslims have been charged with burning our flag?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-13028793

Been in the BNP, you would expect him to burn a book....it's not like he can read one is it.

Been in the BNP, you would expect him to burn a book....it's not like he can read one is it.

Should you have started that sentence with the word Being ? because at the moment it reads like you're telling us that you have been in the BNP.

Should you have started that sentence with the word Being ? because at the moment it reads like you're telling us that you have been in the BNP.

Should you have started your second sentence with a capital letter? Because at the moment it reads like you need to check your own grammar before having a go at someone else's.

Should you have started your second sentence with a capital letter? Because at the moment it reads like you need to check your own grammar before having a go at someone else's.
On a forum like this where the entire meaning of a sentence can be changed by a typo or a spelling error, the lack of a capital letter isn't going to affect it much? Whereas using totally the wrong word, does?

Not being pedantic really, but that sort of attitude is what's led to a couple of generations becoming semi-literate.

On the topic, I think some people were charged with po offences after burning the British Flag on Remembrance Day, but I agree that the burning of a religious book of any sort shouldn't really be grounds for charging someone with an offence. I suppose the actual offence was more to do with his reason for doing it, than the book itself?

On a forum like this where the entire meaning of a sentence can be changed by a typo or a spelling error, the lack of a capital letter isn't going to affect it much? Whereas using totally the wrong word, does?

Not being pedantic really, but that sort of attitude is what's led to a couple of generations becoming semi-literate.

It is "being" pedantic. Whatever people's attitude may be does not necessarily determine the education they were or were not fortunate to receive.

Archived