BNP candidate charged with public order offence

It is "being" pedantic. Whatever people's attitude may be does not necessarily determine the education they were or were not fortunate to receive.
But you agree that your use of the wrong word totally changed the meaning of what you were trying to say, and made it appear that you were saying something else? If I was really being pedantic, I'd have pointed out that you also omitted the ? at the end of your sentence.

It was also a little self defeating when you were trying to cast aspersions on someone else's ability to read and, presumably, write? :) But at least you've learned the difference between 'been' and 'being' today, so not a total waste of effort. :)

But you agree that your use of the wrong word totally changed the meaning of what you were trying to say, and made it appear that you were saying something else? If I was really being pedantic, I'd have pointed out that you also omitted the ? at the end of your sentence.

It was also a little self defeating when you were trying to cast aspersions on someone else's ability to read and, presumably, write? :) But at least you've learned the difference between 'been' and 'being' today, so not a total waste of effort. :)

I think most people used a little common sense rather than pedantry to understand my meaning, so it was hardly self-defeating.

I dont see why the burning of a book no matter what book is worthy of charging someone with a public order offence,either we have free speach etc or we dont.After all how many muslims have been charged with burning our flag?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-13028793

I don't think he should be charged. All in context though, if it were done outside a Mosque, that should be punished.

Archived