Help Choosing & Buying an Electic Shower Please!

Thanks guys :)

I've asked hubby to check what type the current one is - but I remember having a new power cable installed when we had the bathroom done 4yrs ago, so hopefully we should be able to get a high powered one. I have a feeling it was a Gainsborough last time.

Looks like Mira is the make to look for then - some very positive reviews online too.

Since the current one was installed fairly recently, it's highly likely the cable is 10mm.sq and suitable for upgrading, but as I said it does also depend on the length of the cable run. Get someone to check it out or ask the original installer what they put in.

Well I found a Mira 10.8kw online at Plumbworld and thought I'd have a look in B&Q on the way home to see it in real life, and they were doing 20% off everything so I just went ahead and bought it! (very sudden for me!)

I checked at home & our current one is a Gainsborough 10.5 so that should be OK ;)

I can always take it back if our electrician says to.

Thanks everyone for all your advice :) I probably would have um-ed & ah-ed for ages without your recommendations, and ended up getting electrocuted one night! :hihi:

Archived