Roman Bank to be bulldozed (Skegness)

Crazy news coming out of Skegness

HUNDREDS of Skegness residents will see their homes reduced to rubble to cater for the needs of holidaymakers.

Properties along Roman Bank are to be demolished on Friday to make way for a rail extension linking Skegness to Fantasy Island and Butlins.

While tourist leaders have welcomed the news many homeowners feel that the local authorities have ignored the plight of rate payers in favour of tourism to an excessive degree.

One resident said: “I have lived here all my life but now I am being turfed out on the street all so that a few pesky tourists can save half an hour on their journey times - I think it’s a disgrace.”

“What is more despicable is that I have been told by the rail operator responsible that I am required to work constructing the section of track that passes through where my house used to be.

“I am a 78-year-old man, how do they expect me to lay rail track as though I am part of some geriatric chain gang?”

Rail operators Pilar Lofo have bought the properties through compulsory purchase orders several years ago but only recently announced to the home owners.

A spokesperson said: “We are delighted to be able to offer holiday makers reduced journey times to attend the east coast’s two most popular resorts.

“The fact that so many Skegness residents are against these plans is unfortunate but we believe the town must move with the times.

“This will be the first ever train track to connect directly with a roller coaster and we hope that this pioneering technology will soon be implemented at theme parks across the globe.”

Ye Gods!!! This is well and truely late. Is there some kind of timelag occurring in SF?

Yeah, there's a 10 day delay for all threads with 'bulldozed' in the title. I believe it's something to do with a virus that specifically targets vbulletin message boards.

jb

Archived