M&S and the elderly-what is the thinking process here?

But you're just an insignificant little person and are probably unhappy with my assessment because you have realised it is a true reflection on the people who shop there and a little home truths hurt.

However the same can be said for Waitrose and to some extent Sainsbury's which is a kind of linkiing shop from riff-raff to snob. Look around at people, see how the dress, act and talk, it's pathetic.

So walking round Waitrose in my bike leathers wouldn't match your expectations then?

Can you keep your hatred and inverse snobbery to yourself please?

But you're just an insignificant little person and are probably unhappy with my assessment because you have realised it is a true reflection on the people who shop there and a little home truths hurt.

However the same can be said for Waitrose and to some extent Sainsbury's which is a kind of linkiing shop from riff-raff to snob. Look around at people, see how the dress, act and talk, it's pathetic.

Seriously??? Are you for real?!

I shop in the nearest shop to me at the time.

If i'm at home, it'll be Asda or Morrisons, if i'm at work, it'll be Sainsburys, if i'm in town, it'll be M&S or Sainsburys.

What shopping category do I fall into? Part time snob???

Seriously??? Are you for real?!

I shop in the nearest shop to me at the time.

If i'm at home, it'll be Asda or Morrisons, if i'm at work, it'll be Sainsburys, if i'm in town, it'll be M&S or Sainsburys.

What shopping category do I fall into? Part time snob???

Why not the International or Somerfield as it is these days, there's even a Spa in town.

Think the majority of oldies like myself were not able to afford to shop in M & S . Now that I can it gives me a buzz. I wouldn't do a weekly shop there, as I work in a supermarket. Not alot of money around when I was young,and I aspired to being able to shop in the shops that I couldn't afford, and now I can WOO HOO !

Think the majority of oldies like myself were not able to afford to shop in M & S . Now that I can it gives me a buzz. I wouldn't do a weekly shop there, as I work in a supermarket. Not alot of money around when I was young,and I aspired to being able to shop in the shops that I couldn't afford, and now I can WOO HOO !

Good for you, Schoolrdgal!:)

Good for you, Schoolrdgal!:)

Thanks shortcrust, someone also mentioned that they saw a gentleman doing his shopping in a shirt and tie and sportsjacket. I also make an effort and dress up a bit , make it an occasion, put some makeup on and a dress. Always have to wear trousers for work, so this also makes me feel better about myself. These days though, nearly going for industrial strength foundation. lol !

No reason for not shopping in Somerfield, if it was closest I probably would. Didn't know there was a Spar in town.

Why not M&S or Sainsburys?

The point I was making is that Somerfield is near M&S and Sainsburys

Archived