Should the NHS be Abolished?

Should the NHS be abolished?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NHS be abolished?

• YES
    • NO

Think about it, if we didnt have the freeloaders costing the NHS BILLIONS each year then that cost would be past on through cheaper taxes. Right?

Dont be silly when have the government ever given anything back...such naivety

Well did they :confused: I would imagine if they could afford to shove that much food into four mouths they should be able to contribute towards the surgery ..what do you think ?

I think that you need to educate yourself and do a little research about obesity before you post such tripe on SF.

What tripe ? Oh! didn't realize it was your family Daven, good luck, keep up the good work, just stay away from Old Mcdonalds

What a delightful person you are Poppins. The wonderful USA is the best place for you.:gag:

What a delightful person you are Poppins. The wonderful USA is the best place for you.:gag:

But why should someone who is daft enough to over-eat to obesity be allowed to have thousands of pounds worth of surgery on the NHS?

But why should someone who is daft enough to over-eat to obesity be allowed to have thousands of pounds worth of surgery on the NHS?

For the same reason as those that take other risks with their health. It's only important if you personally have a particular aversion to a particular life style. An example would be an irrational dislike of fat people, people who smoke, people who have an addiction to keeping fit...etc. Would you refuse hospital treatment to someone who jumped out of a plane at 15000ft attached to string and a sheet?

Obesity invariably comes with a whole string of other circumstances like other ailments/social history etc.. It really isn't as simple as 'he/she is "daft" for stuffing themselves..most know and understand this unless you have a blame mentality. The NHS was set up to treat all without impunity and not like previously on how much you could pay. What we are guilty of in this country is whining. Imagine if whining was classed as medical emergency? it would be out of business overnight. I've experienced quite a few health services worldwide and the UK has a long way to go to be beat, not perfect I know but there are so many out there that are not only imperfect, but criminally if not morally unjust.

No--- my hubby diabetic, he needs content eye/feet checks, blood checks not to mention the cost of insulin, his care is free under the NHS. He's type 1 in case you wondered, so it's not a weight issue or anything. We're both tax layers and UK nationals born & bred also I agree with all Shaznay's comments, I think that it may be a deterrent if not UK national or not been paying taxes for last 10yrs for example then should have insurance & some sort of American system in place to deter free loaders, although this needs to be highly regulated and I wouldn't even suggest to how this would happen.

I do know that we've had an instance were my husbands details have been used to gain free care, the hospital rang us at home where we had been all day to state that he had fled the building with a huge injection drip type thing still in his arm, I described my husband to the nurse & explained we'd been home all day. So just shows you the extent of how the nhs does get ripped off so to speak.

Archived