How to get creosote smell out of clothes?

Tried loads of powder and soaking in bicarb of soda and nothing is budging it. What worries me is that it might be the real thing that's been sat in their garage for a few years especially as they are an older couple who may like to do things the old fahioned way!

Even if we can dull the smell (which I doubt anyway) I'm not sure if it's safe for my baby to wear the clothes. I would rather not have to throw them, in total they cost a lot of money.

I really wouldnt want to risk the health of my baby....I would throw em out

Tried loads of powder and soaking in bicarb of soda and nothing is budging it. What worries me is that it might be the real thing that's been sat in their garage for a few years especially as they are an older couple who may like to do things the old fahioned way!

Even if we can dull the smell (which I doubt anyway) I'm not sure if it's safe for my baby to wear the clothes. I would rather not have to throw them, in total they cost a lot of money.

You need to put them on a hot wash not the normal 40 degrees !

Archived