Dangerous cyclists

Not paid a penny? Did you steal you bike, helmet, lights etc?

Nope, all bought and paid for, and there's the occasional minor maintenance costs of course, oil for the chain, inner tubes etc, but on a day to day basis it costs nothing, except physical exertion, to run ;)

Not cycle lanes, cycle trails, such as the ones near Ladybower. they make for a great day out/

The money raised from people paying to take a test for cycling on the roads would go some way for paying to enforce it

This may be a good idea for cyclist that dont also drive, and never have, but you'll find that most cyclist also run a car, so are already "road savvy", so if any road tests for cyclists were to be considered, these cyclists should be exempt.

Nope, all bought and paid for, and there's the occasional minor maintenance costs of course, oil for the chain, inner tubes etc, but on a day to day basis it costs nothing, except physical exertion, to run ;)

Probably cost you more than a penny then! I choose to drive and not cycle to work and to the shops etc because I can afford it and am actually of the opinion that petrol is not as expensive as some people think.

This may be a good idea for cyclist that dont also drive, and never have, but you'll find that most cyclist also run a car, so are already "road savvy", so if any road tests for cyclists were to be considered, these cyclists should be exempt.

Good idea, I just think that if you are going to use the roads in this day and age with all the vehicles that are around currently then a test would be beneficial to everyone

Probably cost you more than a penny then! I choose to drive and not cycle to work and to the shops etc because I can afford it and am actually of the opinion that petrol is not as expensive as some people think.

oooo look at Mr smart arse :roll:

I was obviously talking about fuel.

You mean how some behave-you are both generalising and exaggerating to make your case because it is fundementally flawed.At a mean weight of 15 kg it is very hard to envisage those circumstances where a bike might kill a person-it wwould be considered a freak occurence.

you obviously have little idea about the laws of physics and momentum then, 15Kg for a bike,as you state, then another 65Kg for the rider = 80kg, then factor in inertia of travelling at 15mph, makes the impact weight more that triple so, its in fact nearly the equivalent of 1/4 of a ton inertia weight hitting you, thats gonna do a LOT of damage!!!!

Good idea, I just think that if you are going to use the roads in this day and age with all the vehicles that are around currently then a test would be beneficial to everyone

Cyclists on the roads that dont drive or have never driven will be very few and far between; Passing the driving/theory tests and also having experience of driving is what gives cyclists the confidence to use the roads in the first place.

Not cycle lanes, cycle trails, such as the ones near Ladybower. they make for a great day out/

The money raised from people paying to take a test for cycling on the roads would go some way for paying to enforce it

So a 5 year old who's just got a new bike for xmas, with his little stabilisers attached, you expect to have to wait until his parents can take him to a cycle trail in the countryside before even learning to ride???

Sure, they're a great day out, but where did you learn to ride a bike? Probably on the pavement or road outside your home like everyone else!

We can all afford it, I cycled to work for 6 months because there was no where to park and it was actually quicker and more enjoyable.

Petrol costs about £1.30/litre, that's just a fact.

This day and age is almost certainly safer than when you learnt to ride a bike. :roll:

Archived