Dangerous cyclists

80% of the cost of fuel is tax, I'm not sure how it can have been considered to have been artificially low or that it's now become realistic?

I saw on Ch4 news a couple of weeks ago that fuel duty was 62% is that figure wrong?

I do about 55mpg

Diesel I paid 137.9p a litre yesterday

Flash All Purpose £1.88 a litre or 2 for £3

Daisy Washing Up Liquid £0.70 for 500ml or £1.40 a litre

Carlsberg Export Cans £2.20 a litre

And water is effectively free and perfume costs £1000/litre.

These comparisons are completely meaningless though. Washing the pots costs a fraction of pence due to the volume of washing liquid needed. Your driving habit costs you several thousand pounds a year.

Well I earn about £14,000 a year and do about 300 miles a week in my car. I enjoy driving and compared to a lot of other things, such as fizzy pop, washing up liquid and alcohol, £1.30 for a litre is relatively cheap

Have we got it all wrong and your comments about driving are just an irrelevant aside? Because I notice that one thing which fizzy pop, Flash All Purpose, Daisy Washing Up Liquid, Carlsberg Export and motor fuel do all have in common is that they make disgusting drinks. But if they are your tipples of choice, then I agree that the motor fuel is probably best value.

Who claimed that ALL cyclists are perfect? I never did. However you seem to be the one wanting to lump ALL users of a particular mode of transport into one category

This thread seems more to be about trying to claim that ALL cyclists are dangerous and that ALL car drivers obey the law to the letter. Which is false.

There are good and bad cyclists and there are good and bad drivers.

Yet you seem to be claiming that you don't see drivers using pavements and breaking the rules, when in fact you see both drivers and cyclists breaking rules daily.

"drivers" moaning abut "cyclists" is quite ridiculous. What's the obsession? I see far more beeping and road rage between car drivers and other car drivers. Daily. So it would seem that out of two different modes of transport, one group seems to cause more problems as a whole.

And water is effectively free and perfume costs £1000/litre.

These comparisons are completely meaningless though. Washing the pots costs a fraction of pence due to the volume of washing liquid needed. Your driving habit costs you several thousand pounds a year.

Some people use more washing up liquid than me some people use less, some people use more petrol than me, some use more

Archived