Dangerous cyclists

Those safety jackets were handed out free by the council. I wouldn't be seen dead in one but lots of people are happy to take a freebie and it does get a message round. I've heard this criticism before but it's an odd sort of outlook when people can be critical of spreading a message about something as worthy as reducing emissions.

For good measure you could have a go at the Dali Lama and Saint Teresa next.

I could, but I won't.

Bikes aren't really the zero emission option either. They are significantly lower than cars but still not zero.

The abusers of these jackets are usually the ones that have the ropey, clinging on to life bikes that look like they are about to collapse, or they are the ones that to ride dangerously thinking it's their god given right to ride how they like, and every problem is caused by car drivers.

Also, Mine and the wife's bikes are insured so on the off-chance either of us have a lapse of judgement on the road, every ones covered.

But more often than not, it's ignorant car drivers who are either too busy talking on the phone, not paying attention or just about using all their brain cells to drive something that is clearly beyond their skills that they don't look out for other road users.

Usually these folks are easy to avoid. They are the ones in the expensive Chelsea tractors.

We know from experience that when Bassman62 says "unexpected" he means things like when a cyclist approaches a parked car it would be unexpected for them to pull out in order to go around it.

Out of interest Basman62, you don't drive a truck for A1 Turf and Soil Supplies by any chance, do you? Because one of them tried to overtake me in this scenario this morning.

Out of interest Basman62, you don't drive a truck for A1 Turf and Soil Supplies by any chance, do you? Because one of them tried to overtake me in this scenario this morning.

You do have to ensure that you are giving visible signals as to your intention.

Glances over your shoulder, moving your road position well before the car and also sticking your arm out should give the driver a clue as to what you're doing.

You do have to ensure that you are giving visible signals as to your intention.

Glances over your shoulder, moving your road position well before the car and also sticking your arm out should give the driver a clue as to what you're doing.

All of which I did, much to their chagrin.

you obviously have little idea about the laws of physics and momentum then, 15Kg for a bike,as you state, then another 65Kg for the rider = 80kg, then factor in inertia of travelling at 15mph, makes the impact weight more that triple so, its in fact nearly the equivalent of 1/4 of a ton inertia weight hitting you, thats gonna do a LOT of damage!!!!

I'm amazed it's taken a full day for someone to point out that you made all that up.

Archived