Dangerous cyclists

b) move further out into the road and pass it.

How much information does a driver need?

A signal well in advance of the said action, is that too much to ask? .

Little rule for numpty cyclists (of which there seems to be many on her)

Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre

Signal to overtake a parked vehicle. Because I'd always do that in a car... Just like you would... And every other motorist.

And if the car in front doesn't signal (as it never does), will you try to overtake it just as it reaches said obstacle? Somehow I doubt it.

Learn to drive.

Signal to overtake a parked vehicle. Because I'd always do that in a car... Just like you would... And every other motorist.

And if the car in front doesn't signal (as it never does), will you try to overtake it just as it reaches said obstacle? Somehow I doubt it.

Learn to drive.

One more time just for you

You should

•look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see 'Signals to other road users')•look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains, pot-holes and parked vehicles so that you do not have to swerve suddenly to avoid them. Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path

be aware of traffic coming up behind you•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

No the rest didn't those who'd never read the highway code did.

So read this regarding cyclists

You should

look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see 'Signals to other road users')•look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains, pot-holes and parked vehicles so that you do not have to swerve suddenly to avoid them. Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path

•be aware of traffic coming up behind you•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

•take care when overtaking (see Rules 162-169)

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

Most of it commonsense to a normal person, but not it would seem to cyclists.

Does any of this mean that you as a motorist should switch of your brain and assume that a bike is NOT going to move out to pass an obstacle in front of it? :huh:

One more time just for you

You should

•look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see 'Signals to other road users')•look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains, pot-holes and parked vehicles so that you do not have to swerve suddenly to avoid them. Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path

be aware of traffic coming up behind you•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

I for one agree with you about following the highway code. But it depends on everyone following it, rather than just demanding it of everyone else, like you do.

I for one agree with you about following the highway code. But it depends on everyone following it, rather than just demanding it of everyone else, like you do.

My bold= That is incorrect please don't misquote me, I'm merely pointing something that idiots on here won't accept and that is that cyclists have a duty to other road users as well.

The attitude of cyclone is that the highway code and common sense have no place in the cyclists mentality.

For the record Cyclists regularly ride on the pavement (I've seen several adults not children do it today) which is illegal, very often they even sound their bells to expect pedestrians to move out of their way, you should see the speed that they ride down the steep hill in Meersbrook Park (and not a car driver in sight to blame).

Originally Posted by Bassman62

That's asking too much of a cyclist, after all motorists are there to mollycoddle these untrained to be on the road idiots most of whome don't know what the Highway code is

You can bet that most cyclists also run a car, so they will have passed their practical and theory tests and will have driving experience, so will generally be a road savvy bunch.

They're not all angels of course, who is? Don't tell me you have you never sped up when approaching a traffic light on amber and JUST nicked through when it turned red.

Statistics really are not the friend of the anti cycling brigade in terms of harm caused by cyclists compared to car drivers. Cycling is healthy, produces zero carbon emissions, has non existent noise pollution and negligible danger to pedestrians and other road users.

Cycling is all good, and its just petty vindictive people annoyed at the rising cost of motoring that resent cyclists. If petrol was 70p a ltr tomorrow we wouldn't here a peep from the likes of you about cyclists.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

No the rest didn't those who'd never read the highway code did.

So read this regarding cyclists

You should

•be aware of traffic coming up behind you•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

•take care when overtaking (see Rules 162-169)

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

Most of it commonsense to a normal person, but not it would seem to cyclists.

Does any of this mean that you as a motorist should switch of your brain and assume that a bike is NOT going to move out to pass an obstacle in front of it? :huh:

No it means exactly what it says, or don't you understand rule 67.:loopy::huh:

I've posted it again so others will see that you have a problem with understanding written English

Archived