Dangerous cyclists

Just for your bassman62 and others

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/5/uIoGBxhva6M

The cyclist with the camera clearly indicates right way before the upcoming parked white van - you can see his half gloved hand sticking out in the shot when he checks over his shoulder. The motorcyclist overtakes anyway, and then shoots thru a red light, followed by another motorcyclist. All the while the two cyclists in the video wait at red. Perhaps re-address your prejudices?

Oh and I should add that the motorcyclists might have been insured, almost certainly had a license and almost certainly passed arguably more stringent tests than it takes to drive a car. It appears to not have stopped them from breaking the law and using the roads dangerously.

So two wrongs make a right do they.:loopy:

I expect cyclist to look behind, signal and them manoever if it is safe to do so.

very simple is it asking too much for them to observe the Highway code?

So by giving this as an answer to Cyclone's question you seem to be implying that their failure to observe the Highway Code justifies yours?

Maybe the cyclist was just using the same logic on you.

I expect cyclist to look behind, signal and them manoever if it is safe to do so.

very simple is it asking too much for them to observe the Highway code?

Weren't you taught:-Mirror, signal, manoever?

Do you obey the two rules that apply to you? You've been avoiding answering the question for several pages now. Is that because you break more rules than the cyclist?

Do you yourself indicate to pass a parked car? Or do you break that particular rule as well?

That's scary isn't it?

And Bassman still hasn't said where he thinks the cyclist will go when approaching a parked car. He's said all sorts of stuff about what he thinks cyclists should or shouldn't be doing.

But I want to know where he thinks the bike's going. This question does not require any quotes from the highway code. I simply want to know what his thoughts are as the where the cycle will go?

All the way through this topic my point has been about cyclists who pull out to go round parked vehicles or obstacles without following the basic Mirror, Signal, Manoever procedure if that bis to much to expect then I think that this is due to them not having to take a profficiency teast as well as having not studied the Highway Code.

I've even seen cyclists mount the pavemant to pass parked vehicles etc. now if you think that this is alright along with not signaling their intentions then I have nothing more to say to you as you and certain others see cyclist outside of the law, Highway Code and commonsesnse.

So two wrongs make a right do they.:loopy:

Eh? How does that answer relate in any way to my posts? Are you going at any point in this thread make your point in a reasoned and intelligent manner? We are trying to tease out of you an opinion on what YOU would do when faced with a cyclist or motorist that doesn't indicate around an obstruction. It happens, it's not right and we aren't arguing about that. But it does happen, so what do you do? Anticipate the move and wait, or double overtake? Tell us bassman62 - what do YOU do?

Do you obey the two rules that apply to you? You've been avoiding answering the question for several pages now. Is that because you break more rules than the cyclist?

Do you yourself indicate to pass a parked car? Or do you break that particular rule as well?

That is not the issue here the thread title is: Dangerous cyclists

Which is what I'm replying to and not motorists which you are free to start another topic on if you wish.

I've even seen cyclists mount the pavemant to pass parked vehicles etc. now if you think that this is alright along with not signaling their intentions then I have nothing more to say to you as you and certain others see cyclist outside of the law, Highway Code and commonsesnse.

No - I, and I'm pretty sure everyone else who has posted against you doesn't think that's alright. But you seem to think that you not checking whether a manoeuvre is safe before doing so is alright - you therefore see the motorist (or perhaps just yourself) as outside of the law, Highway Code and commonsesnse (whatever that is).

Archived