Dangerous cyclists

I've never discussed what I would do as that is not what this topic is about which is:- Dangerous cyclists.

My point being that most cyclists fail to follow the Mirrior(Look behind), Signal, Manoever. as per the Highway Code

So please stick to topic.

How is it dangerous to pass an obstruction? The look is not for the sake of the person behind is it. The signal is superfluous unless they're an idiot.

The only danger caused by not doing MSM, is to the cyclist themselves and only if it's someone like you driving behind them.

I've never discussed what I would do as that is not what this topic is about which is:- Dangerous cyclists.

My point being that most cyclists fail to follow the Mirrior(Look behind), Signal, Manoever. as per the Highway Code

So please stick to topic.

Sorry, I think that you've confused yourself with a moderator.

If that is your point, then mine is that it's simply not true. I'm not saying that some don't, but most do - for one thing if they didn't then a lot more would end up flattened by certain people making ill-advised overtaking manoeuvres.

You seem content to make equally "irrelevant" remarks without any quotation regarding police discretionary powers and want quotes from others to prove the opposite. How about referencing your own work?

nothing to do with my competence this topic is about :-Dangerous cyclists.

It's the bit above where it says Message:

and the bit below:- Title:

You brought up the scenario. Cycle passing an obstruction, car behind the cycle.

You can't examine the behaviour of the cyclist without also considering the behaviour of the motorist.

Do you follow the highway code?

Do you signal to pass parked cars?

Can you actually drive? Or are you just a troll?

So you're saying that the section from the Highway Code that I posted earlier about cyclists and monoevering is a wasted time.:loopy:

Stick to the topic; dangerous cyclists.

If a cyclist doesn't (optionally) indicate and the motorist is obeying the highway code there is no danger.

Isn't that right?

The cyclist poses no danger at all if the motorist is obeying the Highway Code.

Isn't that right?

You should

•look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see 'Signals to other road users')

•look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains, pot-holes and parked vehicles so that you do not have to swerve suddenly to avoid them. Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path

•be aware of traffic coming up behind you

•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

Which part of this don't you understand.

You brought up the scenario. Cycle passing an obstruction, car behind the cycle.

You can't examine the behaviour of the cyclist without also considering the behaviour of the motorist.

Do you follow the highway code?

Do you signal to pass parked cars?

Can you actually drive? Or are you just a troll?

This topic is about :-Dangerous cyclists do you have difficulty with that?

It doesn't say you MUST, it's not a legal requirement.

Do you do a 6 point check before overtaking a parked car?

Why do you refuse to answer any questions about your behaviour? Hypocrite?

I'm not discussing my behaveour I'm discussing the topic which is:- Dangerous cyclists

Archived