Dangerous cyclists

Do you want me to post the Highway Code regarding what cyclists should do before manoevering?

You keep doing that so no thank you.

Answer this instead: What's dangerous or illegal about it?

There isn't a motoring lobby here, the topic is Dangerous Cyclists but the freak out merchants here cannot accept that and they have to make up excuses for the poor excuses who ride cycles in an idiotic careless and dangerous manner, nothing to do with cars.

If you read the thread carefully, I think you'll find that there hasn't been any support for bad cyclists.

What there has been is a defence of all cyclists being tarred with the same brush.

Spot the difference?

I know this is a really long shot, but I'll ask again anyhow.

(And I want your opinion, and yours alone!)

If a cyclist is riding along, and there is a car parked at the side of road, will the cyclist:

a) ride round it?

b) slam straight into the back of it?

(Regardless of any shoulder glances or signalling. I'm not asking about the rights and wrongs of signalling, I'm just curious to know what you think might happen.)

If you read the thread carefully, I think you'll find that there hasn't been any support for bad cyclists.

What there has been is a defence of all cyclists being tarred with the same brush.

Spot the difference?

I know this is a really long shot, but I'll ask again anyhow.

(And I want your opinion, and yours alone!)

If a cyclist is riding along, and there is a car parked at the side of road, will the cyclist:

a) ride round it?

b) slam straight into the back of it?

(Regardless of any shoulder glances or signalling. I'm not asking about the rights and wrongs of signalling, I'm just curious to know what you think might happen.)

c) do as the highway code states and make sure its safe to overtake, just like a car has to if there is an obstruction in their path, or perhaps you fail to undertsand that basic fact??

c) do as the highway code states and make sure its safe to overtake, just like a car has to if there is an obstruction in their path, or perhaps you fail to undertsand that basic fact??

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you should be talking about knowing basic facts. You were wrong about the roundabout weren't you?

If a cyclist is approaching a parked car as he cycles along, what do you think he'll do? Ride round it or slam into the back of it?

The only danger would be from a driver behind the cyclist who has shown a complete lack of forward observation. And attempts to overtake the bike. Which isn't the brightest thing to do.

Do you mirror, signal prior to moving round every car you come across parked at the side of the road?

i do check whats in front of me, whats coming on the other side of the road and also check my mirrors, but as some people on here seem to want to change the thread to be about motorists and completely ignore the threads subject, or perhaps you are saying all cyclists are perfect and all car drivers are dangerous?, i await responses with interest to my question

i do check whats in front of me, whats coming on the other side of the road and also check my mirrors, but as some people on here seem to want to change the thread to be about motorists and completely ignore the threads subject, or perhaps you are saying all cyclists are perfect and all car drivers are dangerous?, i await responses with interest to my question

I'm not sure that you're fully concentrating dawny1970. The thread is full of answers to your question, await ye not.

So back to that other question that you've been posed, why is the cyclist dangerous if they don't?

Archived