Dangerous cyclists

well if you are under 18 you have cycle around or take a mobile chmical experiment the place and well u can only learn from your mistakes

Hey Mattie - you've managed to write a totally incomprehensible post.

Extraordinary.

So the idiot 'Dangerous Cyclist' can commit an act of stupidity but it's ok because the motorist will nursemaid him/her, and the idiot cyclist will continue to ride like an idiot because idiots on here tell him that he/she will be in the right which could possibly also mean dead right leaving his family to contact 'Injury lawyers for YOU'.

What a set of plonkers.:roll::loopy::roll::loopy:

C is true and A is false

C is true and B is false

Let's run through it a piece at a time:

So the idiot 'Dangerous Cyclist' can commit an act of stupidity but it's ok

No

the motorist will nursemaid him/her

Well, you've made it clear that you won't. Instead you have described yourself being an idiot dangerous motorist (no quote-marks needed) committing an act of stupidity and you make clear that you think it's OK because the cyclist is committing an act of stupidity.

So basically you are guilty of the very thing you accuse us of doing, and which we clearly have not done.

and the idiot cyclist will continue to ride like an idiot

Who knows? Probably not for very long if they continue to neglect the possibility that there are even more idiotic road users than themselves about.

idiots on here tell him that he/she will be in the right

Seriously, where has anyone done this? In fact we've repeatedly done the opposite. Meanwhile you have failed to admit that the driver (you) is in any way in the wrong, and the only defence you are able to give is to invoke "off topic" in a whiny voice.

which could possibly also mean dead right leaving his family to contact 'Injury lawyers for YOU'.

There's no denying that there are unscrupulous lawyers about (although I'm surprised you are able to bring the subject up without choking on "off topic". I think most of us around here are more bothered about such an accident being avoided. However, the actions you have made clear that you expect the cyclist to have taken would do very little to prevent the accident if it was going to occur. In such a scenario I would hope that their family contacted some proper lawyers to ensure you faced some proper justice.

Y

Which road was this out of interest? I ask, because some drivers are not aware that this practice is completely legal on some one way streets. I'm not defending the cyclist if this was not the case, or being funny with you.

so a cyclist going the wrong way down a 1 way street is LEGAL????, well im not surprised that lots of people thing cyclists are dangerous, i would LOVE to know what streets where this is LEGAL to ride against the flow of traffic, as thats unbelievably dangerous, not just for the cyclist, but the poor car driver thats suddenly confronted with a cyclist coming the wrong way into the path of a moving car!!!:loopy::loopy:

i would LOVE to know what streets where this is LEGAL to ride against the flow of traffic, as thats unbelievably dangerous, not just for the cyclist, but the poor car driver thats suddenly confronted with a cyclist coming the wrong way into the path of a moving car!!!:loopy::loopy:

I don't want to stand in the way of you getting some joy, so Little London Road, where it approaches Chesterfield Road is one. You're use of the phrase "the wrong way" is obviously incorrect, by the way.

It's only dangerous if the "poor car driver" is ignorant about how to use the road, which at least in this case is very straightforward and clearly marked.

As more a car driver I'd much prefer more cyclists on the road than cars.

I just saw this old post (while looking for something else).

I don't cycle much now, and drive approx 20,000 miles per year.

I would prefer more cycles than cars.

Firstly because they clog up the roads much less than cars (that's all cars, mine included)

Secondly because even the daft ones are much less of a danger to me than are the daft car drivers

The more cycles there are, then the safer it will be for all cyclists, and for all road users.

thats unbelievably dangerous, not just for the cyclist, but the poor car driver thats suddenly confronted with a cyclist coming the wrong way into the path of a moving car!!!

Another thing, why would this be such a problem? I doubt there's anything sudden about it - they should see it in plenty of time.

What makes a two-way street any different? In that scenario the poor car driver is going to "suddenly" be confronted by other cars, as well as cyclists.

The only reason I can think of for this being a problem is if the driver is going too fast or not concentrating on the road.

Having said that, just so that you and Bassman don't get the wrong idea, I always do go the correct way down one-way streets unless it is marked that cyclists can go in the other direction. I would encourage everyone to do the same. (there - go misinterpret/misquote that)

I just saw this old post (while looking for something else).

I don't cycle much now, and drive approx 20,000 miles per year.

I would prefer more cycles than cars.

Firstly because they clog up the roads much less than cars (that's all cars, mine included)

Secondly because even the daft ones are much less of a danger to me than are the daft car drivers

The more cycles there are, then the safer it will be for all cyclists.

As a car driver and cyclist, I would prefer more car drivers like Eater Sundae on the road. You are a breath of fresh air, and I would salute you as you passed me if I knew it was you.

Another thing, why would this be such a problem? I doubt there's anything sudden about it - they should see it in plenty of time.

What makes a two-way street any different? In that scenario the poor car driver is going to "suddenly" be confronted by other cars, as well as cyclists.

The only reason I can think of for this being a problem is if the driver is going too fast or not concentrating on the road.

Having said that, just so that you and Bassman don't get the wrong idea, I always do go the correct way down one-way streets unless it is marked that cyclists can go in the other direction. I would encourage everyone to do the same. (there - go misinterpret/misquote that)

I know the one on Little London Road, but have only driven through it, never ridden in the cycle lane.

I do remember a one way with a cycle lane "contraflow" on Portobello Street, which I occasionally used to use. To be honest, I found it a little unnerving at junctions where car drivers joined, some seemed to concentrate on the direction from which cars came, forgetting about the cyclists coming from the other direction. In that situation, I always tried to make eye contact, in the hope that this would give me a bit more protection.

As a car driver and cyclist, I would prefer more car drivers like Eater Sundae on the road. You are a breath of fresh air, and I would salute you as you passed me if I knew it was you.

Quite, I'll second that. I actually see very little animosity on the roads towards cyclist. Maybe that's because I cycle responsibly, or for some other reason. The most hatred that I encounter towards us is on these forums - and that is scary if the problem is out there to this scale but bubbling under the surface. I guess it begs the question why do I keep reading? It is I fear unreasonable to even begin to think that the uneducatable can be educated on this point.

Seriously though, is it just me or is anyone else having a major time comprehend the stupidity of bassman and dawny's lines of argument? Over and over they have been asked to answer just one simple question. I infer from the lack on an answer to an issue that is entirely on topic (as they brought it up), that they either

a. don't understand the question

b. know they are in the wrong so don't want to answer

c. haven't got the balls to admit to posting a flawed argument

d. are trolls and we have all fallen hook line and sinker.

Bassman, Dawny. An answer to the question please after 23 pages. Why is it dangerous if a cyclist doesn't indicate around a parked car. What do you do differently in your approach to the situation compared to had they indicated?

Archived