Dangerous cyclists

Not at all, if he has any gumption or balls about him he'd just answer the questions directly posed to him on this thread. It is clear so far that he has neither. Well found ES, bassman already lost significant proportions of credibility posts and posts ago. Now it appears he is stripped of that which remains!

On this thread, I was coming to the conclusion that Bassman was being a bit of a troll, just playing a game with us. However, seeing the old thread, it looks as though this is what he really thinks.That is much more worrying for the safety of cyclists.

Perpetuating and supporting the idea that cyclists are in some way less important will only encourage some to take the antagonism further.

Guest sibon
On this thread, I was coming to the conclusion that Bassman was being a bit of a troll, just playing a game with us. However, seeing the old thread, it looks as though this is what he really thinks.That is much more worrying for the safety of cyclists.

Perpetuating and supporting the idea that cyclists are in some way less important will only encourage some to take the antagonism further.

I dread to think what will happen if someone starts a thread about benefit claiming, Muslim cyclists.

Bassman will probably eclipse Fukushima.

Ha ha ... Same here.

It was interesting to note that he received pretty much the same responses back then and, in three years, hasn't managed to assimilate them and alter his viewpoint. Good that his standard insult has progressed from "gonk" to "plonker", though.

All in all a good old read. bigdaz was fun, wasn't he? Wonder why he stopped at four posts...

I dread to think what will happen if someone starts a thread about benefit claiming, Muslim cyclists.

Bassman will probably eclipse Fukushima.

Muslim family tax credit claimant who cycles to Olive Grove Road every day to work as a First bus driver....

so lets say if some one rides into a pedestrian and hurts them but it doesn't seem serious at first.but becomes a problem soon after.What will that hurt person do to track them? take notes of his number plates?

What would they do if it were a motorist and since they hadn't (apparently) been hurt they didn't take any details?

so lets say if some one rides into a pedestrian and hurts them but it doesn't seem serious at first.but becomes a problem soon after.What will that hurt person do to track them? take notes of his number plates?

So let's say if a pedestrian punches another pedestrian and hurts them although it doesn't seem serious at first, becomes a problem soon after. This happens far more often than the scenario you describe.

What will that person do to track their assailant? Take notes of the other person's number plate?

Great idea - let's fit everyone with number plates.

Just as you are a car going the wrong way, how come its always cyclists who need looking out for, is it because they're stupid and therefore you should expect them to do stupid things?

Are you now arguing that the highway code and the law is wrong? Dawny said that allowing cycles to go where cars can't makes them dangerous, I asked why, are you trying to say it's because doing what the HC allows is stupid or that car drivers can't be expected to see things.

You're actually just descending into not making sense now, how about you actually try to follow the thread?

If drivers can't tell that a red strip on one side of the road with a solid white edge is a contraflow cycle lane they have inadequate observation skills and/or understanding of road markings to be considered safe drivers.

What if they're colour blind or have only just arrived and can't read English?

Doesn't this support the call for a profficiency test?

Archived