Dangerous cyclists

Ah, but the colourblind driver might not be able to see the difference between blue and white ;)

Are colour blind people allowed to drive? This is all I've found so far.

If you have an eyesight condition

When applying for your driving licence you should let the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) know if you have any visual condition which affects:

both eyes - not including short or long sight or colour blindness

your sight - not including short or long sight or colour blindness - for example, if you have sight in one eye only

If you have had sight correction surgery you should declare this when you apply for your provisional licence.

You can search the medical conditions A to Z to see if you need to notify DVLA of your visual condition.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/LearningToDriveOrRide/DG_4022529

You really are descending into uncharted depths of nonsense now. So the way to solve the problem of drivers who have never read the Highway Code is for a compulsory cycling proficiency test?.

Exactly, and learn the Highway Code, and be tested on it yet you amazingly think that is nonsense.:roll:

You are now saying it's absolutely OK for drivers to not have any knowledge of the Highway Code, the very thing that you have repeatedly, wrongly accused us of doing for cyclists

No you and your anorak cycling cronies are saying that not me.

Are colour blind people allowed to drive? This is all I've found so far.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/LearningToDriveOrRide/DG_4022529

I think by the looks of it they are. Seems fair enough to me - I'm pretty sure that colourblindness tends to be confined to pretty specific colours in the real-world, and so a suffer is able to compensate to a degree. Plus there's plenty of duplication in the case of many road signs and markings. There's a reasonable expectation that a road user will take some degree of responsibility.

So the idea of someone heading into a contraflow and not seeing either the sign, solid line, shading and traffic heading in the opposite direction due to colourblindness is pretty inconceivable. I think at that point it would class as just blindness.

Can you also describe for me what a picture of a bicycle and an arrow look like in French, Urdu, Arabic etc. What do Somali bicycles look like and why are they different to English bicycles.L

You should squirm, you only know what illustrated signs mean by reading the Highway Code which informs you of the meaning.

You've posted some idiotic replies but this takes the prize.

You don't even know what a contra-flow sign looks like do you? Go back and look at the street view links from earlier. There are NO WORDS on them - the language is UNIVERSAL

So you've been to all these countries and seen these signs and they're all the same as the UK.

Once again 1st prize for numpty post of the day.:roll:

Next numpty please.

So the way to solve the problem of drivers who have never read the Highway Code is for a compulsory cycling proficiency test?

Exactly, and learn the Highway Code, and be tested on it yet you amazingly think that is nonsense.:roll:

Good grief.

Do you read any of your posts?

You should squirm, you only know what illustrated signs mean by reading the Highway Code which informs you of the meaning.

You've posted some idiotic replies but this takes the prize.

So you've been to all these countries and seen these signs and they're all the same as the UK.

Once again 1st prize for numpty post of the day.:roll:

Next numpty please.

Are you really so xenophobic that you think foreigners are so stupid that they can't see what a bicycle and an arrow are?

Explain this:

HOW WILL A CYCLING PROFICIENCY TEST HELP A NON-CYCLING FOREIGN DRIVER TO UNDERSTAND UK ROAD SIGNS?

but what if the cyclist is colour blind??, there is no test to find out, and that could be then dangerous to other road users!!!

You'll be shot a Dawn (excuse the pun) everyday for a week for asking sensible questions.

Anyone knows it is the pedestrian/motorists duty to find out if the cyclist is colour blind or a colour blind Somali who's arrived from a village that hasn't got road signs although according to Squiggs there are contra flows a go-go in Somalia.

Archived