Dangerous cyclists

all very well and good, but they dont have to take it do they, if they are happy to run red lights, a colour blind test isn't really going to be top of their priority is it!!!

Just as is hopefully the case as with a colourblind driver they should be able to work out that the light at the top is the red one and the one at the bottom. It is legal for both drivers and cyclists to use the roads if they are colourblind, and I have absolutely no problem with either of them doing so as long as they do so safely and responsibly.

Again, you are confusing competence with attitude. There are cyclists who run red lights, there are drivers who do the same (I saw a stream of four cars do it through two consecutive sets yesterday afternoon). In both cases they are wrong.

Are you really so xenophobic that you think foreigners are so stupid that they can't see what a bicycle and an arrow are?

[/b]

Not stupid like you but unacustomed to such signs especialy from most third world countries.

Are you really so xenophobic that you think foreigners are so stupid that they can't see what a bicycle and an arrow are?

Explain this:

HOW WILL A CYCLING PROFICIENCY TEST HELP A NON-CYCLING FOREIGN DRIVER TO UNDERSTAND UK ROAD SIGNS?

i see no racist comments, he was stating the obvious about foreign drivers, their standards of driving are far lower than ours, eg in Egypt, all they have to do is drive 200 yards in a straight line to pass a test, hardly qualifies you to drive on UK roads :loopy:

all very well and good, but they dont have to take it do they, if they are happy to run red lights, a colour blind test isn't really going to be top of their priority is it!!!
Or what colour road markings are.

You'll be shot a Dawn (excuse the pun) everyday for a week for asking sensible questions.

Anyone knows it is the pedestrian/motorists duty to find out if the cyclist is colour blind or a colour blind Somali who's arrived from a village that hasn't got road signs although according to Squiggs there are contra flows a go-go in Somalia.

If I were you, I'd be more worried about your Somalian ploughing into you and your car because he didn't understand "GIVE WAY"

Of course, if cyclists all took proficiency tests, then the Somalian driver wouldn't crash through a Give way sign into you where no cyclist was present, because the Somalian driver would be safer thanks to cycling proficiency tests.

Are you going to answer my earlier question? The one I put in bold so that you wouldn't miss it, like you obvously miss road signs and road layouts.

i see no racist comments, he was stating the obvious about foreign drivers, their standards of driving are far lower than ours, eg in Egypt, all they have to do is drive 200 yards in a straight line to pass a test, hardly qualifies you to drive on UK roads :loopy:

And that is the fault of cyclsts? How has that got ANYTHING to do with the price of fish? HOW WILL MAKING CYCLISTS TAKE A PROFICIENCY TEST IMPROVE THE ROADCRAFT OF FOREIGN NON-CYCLING VISITORS TO THIS COUNTRY?

You should see the driving test for women in Cyprus, you've got to be able to drive whilst using a mobile phone, breast feeding you baby and have one hand dangling out of the window all whilst tailgating, they're truly amazing.

Archived