Dangerous cyclists

So in this case you're happy to go off topic, so whilst were off topic, what do you expect a cyclist to do when approaching a parked vehicle in their lane.

a) go around it

b) cycle into it

c) stop and wait

d) fly over it

e) look behind to ensure that its safe to perform a maneuver, just like all other road users do as a matter of course! :loopy:

Guest sibon
e) look behind to ensure that its safe to perform a maneuver, just like all other road users do as a matter of course! :loopy:

f) drive far enough out into the road to ensure that they can pass parked cars without manouevering at all.

Causing quite a few tailbacks, but making you happy.

Once again, to Bassman and Dawny who are so far off the original topic of a "causing death by dangerous cycling" private members' bill it is ludicrous...

HOW WILL MAKING CYCLISTS TAKE A PROFICIENCY TEST IMPROVE THE ROADCRAFT OF FOREIGN NON-CYCLING VISITORS TO THIS COUNTRY?

And yet, apparently these same users, or at least one of them (Bassman62) isn't even looking in front to ensure that it's safe to perform his manoeuvre.

Once again, people have been consistently asserting that the cyclist should have looked behind him.

Whether or not he did do e first or not - which of a, b, c and d would you expect?

Once again, to Bassman and Dawny who are so far off the original topic of a "causing death by dangerous cycling" private members' bill it is ludicrous...

HOW WILL MAKING CYCLISTS TAKE A PROFICIENCY TEST IMPROVE THE ROADCRAFT OF FOREIGN NON-CYCLING VISITORS TO THIS COUNTRY?

the original thread did NOT include foreign road users, that was co-opted by others trying to manipulate the thread to their own ends to deflect the standards away from UK national cyclists!

the original thread did NOT include foreign road users, that was co-opted by others trying to manipulate the thread to their own ends to deflect the standards away from UK national cyclists!

Since you bring up your original post - do you have any comment yet on this quote from the video of Andrea Leadsom which you linked to there?

I am a keen cyclist and I heartily support the many people who leave their cars at home and cycle to work and school. Over the last few years, there has been an upsurge in cycling, which is a great way to keep fit and healthy and a green initiative that I fully welcome. Let me be clear from the beginning that it is not my intention to criminalise cyclists or to discourage people from using their bikes.

In fact, in the vast majority of cases, it is the cyclists themselves who are the victims on our roads when they are killed or injured by motorists who simply fail to spot them. The penalties for dangerous or careless driving for motorists are as they should be—very strict.

The second paragraph sounds to me like it's referring to the Bassman62s of this world.

Archived