Dangerous cyclists

So in this case you're happy to go off topic, so whilst were off topic, what do you expect a cyclist to do when approaching a parked vehicle in their lane.

a) go around it

b) cycle into it

c) stop and wait

d) fly over it

I'm not moving off topic it's dippy Squiggs.

We'd still love you both to answer the previous question, but let's also reframe it slightly.

I know it's going wildly off topic, but please forgive me just this once. Suppose you are driving your car along a Sheffield Road and you notice your wheels are heading towards a rather deep pothole which you think might damage your suspension.

Will you:

a) go around the obstruction

b) run into the obstruction

c) stop

d) fly

As supplementary questions:

i) which of the following can you guarantee you would do on every occurrence of such an incident before you carry out whichever "manoeuvre" you have chosen above:

A. check your mirrors (additionally to the normal checks which I am sure you are continuously doing)

B. indicate

ii) which of A and B above are required by law?

iii) which of A and B above are recommended by the Highway Code?

Once again, to Bassman and Dawny who are so far off the original topic of a "causing death by dangerous cycling" private members' bill it is ludicrous...

HOW WILL MAKING CYCLISTS TAKE A PROFICIENCY TEST IMPROVE THE ROADCRAFT OF FOREIGN NON-CYCLING VISITORS TO THIS COUNTRY?

We'd still love you both to answer the previous question, but let's also reframe it slightly.

I know it's going wildly off topic, but please forgive me just this once. Suppose you are driving your car along a Sheffield Road and you notice your wheels are heading towards a rather deep pothole which you think might damage your suspension.

Will you:

a) go around the obstruction

b) run into the obstruction

c) stop

d) fly

As supplementary questions:

i) which of the following can you guarantee you would do on every occurrence of such an incident before you carry out whichever "manoeuvre" you have chosen above:

A. check your mirrors (additionally to the normal checks which I am sure you are continuously doing)

B. indicate

ii) which of A and B above are required by law?

iii) which of A and B above are recommended by the Highway Code?

We've already answered the topic, do you want me to post the section from Highway Code again?

Dawny 1970 sensible enough not to answer a loaded question in the manner you require.

It's a perfectly straight question that's highly pertinent to the discussion.

And I'm sure Dawny is quite capable of answering for herself.

We've already answered the topic, do you want me to post the section from Highway Code again?

No you haven't - you quite definitely haven't said what you expect the cycle to do in these circumstances as described in the a,b,c,d, scenario.

Archived