Dangerous cyclists

Is there a moderator around? Don't know about anyone else but this is going round in circles. Neither Dawny or Bassman seem to want to answer direct questions to issues that they themselves have brought up in a week and over 600 posts, many of which have said the same thing.

I vote we give either of them 24 hrs to show some backbone and have the guts to answer the following unloaded questions, they've been asked enough times. If a moderator agrees then go ahead.

1. Why is a cyclist dangerous if they don't look behind them or signal when passing a parked car?

2. In the scenario that dawny or bassman are bearing down on a cyclist who is approaching a parked car, and that cyclist has neither looked nor indicated, nor is going to during the subsequent events, what will be dawny or bassman's prediction of the cyclist's course of action?

3. How does making a cyclist take a proficiency test improve the road skills of a colour blind, non-english speaking person visiting this country?

im sorry if it upsets you but, IF you read my posts, you will indeed see that i have answered the questions, its just that you don't like my answers, fine, but respect the fact that i have actually answered your questions, all i have had is abuse from cyclists who can do no harm EVER and ALWAYS ride perfect, well im sorry, if that was the case, then a private members bill would not be happening would it??, feel free to answer that question!!

But it should be safe to pull out anyway, if all the other road users are following the highway code.

So, it isn't really worth getting so worked up about it.

I'm not worked up at all I observe the Highway Code certain people don't.

But it should be safe to pull out anyway, if all the other road users are following the highway code.

So, it isn't really worth getting so worked up about it.

I'm not worked up at all I observe the Highway Code certain people don't.

Rules for cyclists67

You should

•look all around before moving away from the kerb, turning or manoeuvring, to make sure it is safe to do so. Give a clear signal to show other road users what you intend to do (see 'Signals to other road users')•look well ahead for obstructions in the road, such as drains, pot-holes and parked vehicles so that you do not have to swerve suddenly to avoid them. Leave plenty of room when passing parked vehicles and watch out for doors being opened or pedestrians stepping into your path

•be aware of traffic coming up behind you•take extra care near road humps, narrowings and other traffic calming features

•take care when overtaking (see Rules 162-169)

You MUST NOT cycle on a pavement.

Now do you get it? no need to make up imaginery scenarios.

Nothing if you signal your intentions to do so and also having first looked behind you to see it is safe to pull out as instructed by the Highway code.

Aside from you being wrong about 'instructions'...

Why is it dangerous if the cyclist doesn't do what you suggest?

Nothing if you signal your intentions to do so and also having first looked behind you to see it is safe to pull out as instructed by the Highway code.

But what if the car driver is a newly arrived Somalian who can't understand English and hasn't been able to read in the highway code about the hand signals they can expect to be given by cyclists in this country?

Is there a moderator around? Don't know about anyone else but this is going round in circles. Neither Dawny or Bassman seem to want to answer direct questions to issues that they themselves have brought up in a week and over 600 posts, many of which have said the same thing.

I vote we give either of them 24 hrs to show some backbone and have the guts to answer the following unloaded questions, they've been asked enough times. If a moderator agrees then go ahead and close it after the specified time limit.

1. Why is a cyclist dangerous if they don't look behind them or signal when passing a parked car?

2. In the scenario that dawny or bassman are bearing down on a cyclist who is approaching a parked car, and that cyclist has neither looked nor indicated, nor is going to during the subsequent events, what will be dawny or bassman's prediction of the cyclist's course of action?

3. How does making a cyclist take a proficiency test improve the road skills of a colour blind, non-english speaking person visiting this country?

Read the Highway Code if you don't know.

Neither of you actually knows how the Highway Code works, do you?

It's OK to admit to this and it's easy to retrain yourself.

i think its you, as that part of the highway code has been posted, but you just don't believe it, obviously because you don't know!!

Archived