Dangerous cyclists

So you're saying that the cyclist should ignore the Highway Code and then contradict yourself by saying he is obeying the Highway Code.

This thread gets dafter.

No, I think he is saying that THE DRIVER SHOULD FOLLOW THE HIGHWAY CODE

Adapt your driving to the appropriate type and condition of road you are on. In particular

[abridged for clarity, the full text is free online]

• try to anticipate what pedestrians and cyclists might do. If pedestrians, particularly children, are looking the other way, they may step out into the road without seeing you

Hey Bassman - ''try to anticipate what pedestrians and cyclists might do.''

Got that? Great!

yup, coz they a law unto themselves and make no indication as to their intentions, ergo the private members bill to ensure that they respect other road users as they should do!!!

Actually..have you READ the article you posted and the details of the Private Members Bill?

The Highway Code is a total mystery to Dawny1970 and Bassman62 so you're probably flogging a dead horse with that question.

I'll wind this up a little bit further and say that when I take a left turn on my cycle, I check over my left shoulder in-case anything is trying to undertake me!

Yes, the "lifesaver". I always do this on cycles and motor cycles, and find myself doing it when driving in town.

Archived