Dangerous cyclists

They aren't in the wrong, do an advanced driving course and learn about when it's appropriate to indicate and when it isn't.

Indicating as you pass parked cars on Sheffield streets could be dangerous in fact, as there are often side turnings nearby which you could well be indicating to use.

Wow some advance driver telling everyone to ignore the Highway Code and copy what other bad drivers do. Bah Bah Black sheep comes to mind.

Note that the phrase you highlighted was be aware of traffic coming up behind you.

Ears. You can get a good idea of whether there is another road user behind you, how close they are, whether they are getting nearer, etc.,.

I've also noticed many cyclists listening to music with earplug type speakers in their ears, surely they can't hear other traffic.

At least I can think for myself unlike you who follows klike a sheep.

You've already admitted that you can't think, that's why you don't know what the cyclist will do when presented with an obstacle.

Do you want another go?

What path will the cyclist take when there is a parked car ahead of them?

a) Fly over it

b) Go around it

c) Run into it

d) Stop and doff their cap at you

Try your very best, see if you can figure it out.

Wow some advance driver telling everyone to ignore the Highway Code and copy what other bad drivers do. Bah Bah Black sheep comes to mind.

I take it you haven't done an AIM or Rospa advanced driving course then. But think that you know better than they do. Figures. :roll:

I've also noticed many cyclists listening to music with earplug type speakers in their ears, surely they can't hear other traffic.

No they can't and should use their eyes more - just like car drivers and motorcycle riders should.

Does this mean you accept that, at least in some circumstances, cyclists can use their hearing to maintain an awareness of traffic around them?

You've already admitted that you can't think, that's why you don't know what the cyclist will do when presented with an obstacle.

Do you want another go?

What path will the cyclist take when there is a parked car ahead of them?

a) Fly over it

b) Go around it

c) Run into it

d) Stop and doff their cap at you

Try your very best, see if you can figure it out.

ohh dear, this question KEEPS getting answered, but as its not being spoken he can't hear it, he obviously isn't using his eyes like he should do on the road to read the answer:loopy:

Archived