Dangerous cyclists

Guest sibon
Why, have you carried out a research poll, or are you waffling again?

Me waffling? I don't really think so.

You have consistently applied a standard to cyclists on this thread that doesn't apply to motorists. I drive between 10 000 and 15 000 miles per year, have done for twenty five years. The number of drivers who signal as they pass a cyclist is minimal.

Yet you expect every cyclist to take their eyes off the oncoming traffic to check whether you are behind them breaking the highway code by overtaking in an unsafe place. You then want them to signal to you that they are going to ride around a parked car, not crash into it.

I can only conclude that it is time that you sent your licence back to DVLA. You are not fit to be on the road.

don't be silly, you will never get a straight answer from a cyclist, lots have tried on this thread and failed, even when car drivers give them a straight answer, they don't like it/ignore it/slate cars as evil, take your pick!!

You do realise (because we told you earlier) that we are all drivers as well? :hihi:

With you, Bassman and Denlin it's like trying to have a debating competition with a bunch of special children. You don't remember what's been said, you don't read the answers, you can't answer simple questions and quite simply non of you get it (where it is any concept more complex than 'car have right to drive').

Denlin doesn't need a straight answer, he's trying to be facetious by pretending not to understand how a road works, if he's that dumb then he shouldn't be involving himself in this conversation should he!

Cyclone doesn't acknowledge the Highway Code as it carrys no weight in law, he's too clever he drives a sports car.

You're 'smart' replies just highlight your ignorance further.

The HC contains two types of statements, those that refer to things that are law. They start

You MUST

And those that are guidelines and not legal requirements

You SHOULD

You haven't yet explained why not signalling to pass a parked vehicle is dangerous. The best you've come up with is that it's dangerous, if the driver behind is breaking the law (not the guideline) and starting a dangerous and inappropriate overtake without having realised that the cyclist can't fly. In which case indicating from the cyclist wouldn't help at all, the situation would still be dangerous due to the car driver.

Why, have you carried out a research poll, or are you waffling again?

You wouldn't need a poll, if you indicate before changing position within a lane then you're a) on your own in doing so, b) not following the HC, c) bloody dangerous.

You do understand that changing position could well mean going around a pothole? To either side of it. So you'd be driving up the road indicating left and right constantly. You'd be a menace.

With you, Bassman and Denlin it's like trying to have a debating competition with a bunch of special children. You don't remember what's been said, you don't read the answers, you can't answer simple questions and quite simply non of you get it (where it is any concept more complex than 'car have right to drive').

it wasn't a straight question, it was a loaded question with a) b) c) or d) as the ONLY choices you would accept, well im sorry, but my mental capacity is greater than that and i had the temerity to add another option, YOU didn't like that as it didn't drop into your little world, well im sorry, i thought it through logically and realised that there was another option so stated it.

Your responses made you look very silly not accepting my answer and it also made you look very narrow minded as well

Those are the only choices needed. But if you were to just describe the course the cyclist would take, that would be sufficient, in your own words.

Your option was nothing to do with the course the cyclist would take and instead you answered an entirely different question about what you think the cyclists head should do!

So, again, what course will the cyclist take when approaching a parked vehicle. In your own words, so you don't feel restricted.

Those are the only choices needed. But if you were to just describe the course the cyclist would take, that would be sufficient, in your own words.

Your option was nothing to do with the course the cyclist would take and instead you answered an entirely different question about what you think the cyclists head should do!

So, again, what course will the cyclist take when approaching a parked vehicle. In your own words, so you don't feel restricted.

how many times to i have to say it before you understand???, i gave you an answer as to the course that the cyclist should take, like i said before and i will say it again, just because it doesn't fit into your narrow frame of mind does NOT make my answer any less valid, now please accept my answer and move on, if thats at all possible with you:loopy:

Me waffling? I don't really think so.

You have consistently applied a standard to cyclists on this thread that doesn't apply to motorists. I drive between 10 000 and 15 000 miles per year, have done for twenty five years. The number of drivers who signal as they pass a cyclist is minimal.

Yet you expect every cyclist to take their eyes off the oncoming traffic to check whether you are behind them breaking the highway code by overtaking in an unsafe place. You then want them to signal to you that they are going to ride around a parked car, not crash into it.

I can only conclude that it is time that you sent your licence back to DVLA. You are not fit to be on the road.

cyclists are not cycling into oncoming traffic if they are on the correct side of the road, they are cycling WITH the flow of traffic, so your statement is fundamentally flawed, so i would suggest you check the highway code!

Archived