Dangerous cyclists

lets also not forget that a cyclist that shoots through a red light and colliding into the side of a car can cause a lot of damage to thhe car, at no fault of the car driver, and who can the car driver claim from??, lets not forget this whilst all the cyclists protest about their rights!!

From the cyclist of course, just like you would against a motorist. :roll:

Ohhh, are you now telling me that all cyclists are now insured??, or perhaps we have to go through the pain of a private prosicution and get £2 a month if we lucky!!
Exactly whilst at the same time paying £hundreds in repairs out of you own pocket.

From the cyclist of course, just like you would against a motorist. :roll:
That would only apply if you were lucky enough to find that the cyclist who'd damaged your car was one of the 10% insured, one in twen chance doesn't seem good odds.

Over 10% have insurance, and you can prove this along with less than 90% of vehicle drivers, can you back these stats up you have quoted then ?

The 10% of cyclists is a rather conservative estimate since most people carry liability insurance on their household policy. in addition there are around 100,000 that have specific cycling policies.

As for over 10% of motorists being uninsured, here you go. Think on the next time you are driving. Over one in ten of those deadly vehicles is uninsured and won't be stopping if they kill you. My car is insured when I leave it at home to ride my insured bike instead - is your pushbike insured, are your kids?

All that aside, you need a sense of proportion. See the beginning of the thread for more on that.

Archived