Dangerous cyclists

Guest sibon
Read post 788 it is fully explained there. Tax on emissions are for an entirely different reason.

I'll answer the questions for you.

No you didn't read the link.

A bicycle produces 0g of CO2 per Km.

This means that a bicycle would attract duty of £0 per annum.

Unless you think that car drivers and cyclists should be treated differently, of course:rolleyes:

That was introduced to make car manufacturers produce more eco friendly vehicles and has nothing to do with cyclists who should pay road tax.

I have zero children at school but I stiil pay tax towards education.

Cycles are already much more eco friendly than all eco friendly cars

Cycles are already much more eco friendly than all eco friendly cars

Obviously you fail to understand why cars are taxed in the manner that they are which is nothing to do with why cycles should be road taxed.

I'll answer the questions for you.

No you didn't read the link.

A bicycle produces 0g of CO2 per Km.

This means that a bicycle would attract duty of £0 per annum.

Unless you think that car drivers and cyclists should be treated differently, of course:rolleyes:

Another one who fails to understand why cars are taxed in the manner that they are and has nothing to do whatsoever with cyclists or excusing cyclists from road tax.

This is nothing to do with motor vehicles whose road tax ratings are based on a totaly different subject and for a different reason..

So, you want cycles to be treated just like cars, except that you want them to be charged extra, just because you don't like them. That must be the most hypocritical post of the week.

Guest sibon
Another one who fails to understand why cars are taxed in the manner that they are and has nothing to do whatsoever with cyclists or excusing cyclists from road tax.

Why do you want to treat cyclists and car drivers differently?

Obviously you fail to understand why cars are taxed in the manner that they are which is nothing to do with why cycles should be road taxed.

On the contrary, I understand exactly why cars are charged as they are, to persuade motorists to use less polluting vehicles. As cycles are already even less polluting, the government would not want to introduce any sort dis-incentive which might result in someone changing from cycle to car, or prevent someone changing from car to cycle.

On the contrary, I understand exactly why cars are charged as they are, to persuade motorists to use less polluting vehicles. As cycles are already even less polluting, the government would not want to introduce any sort dis-incentive which might result in someone changing from cycle to car, or prevent someone changing from car to cycle.
Road tax isn't solely about emissions.

Archived