Dangerous cyclists

As for over 10% of motorists being uninsured, here you go. Think on the next time you are driving. Over one in ten of those deadly vehicles is uninsured and won't be stopping if they kill you.

And the unisured areas are territorial mainly to certain places in certain towns and citys.

The 10% of cyclists is a rather conservative estimate since most people carry liability insurance on their household policy. in addition there are around 100,000 that have specific cycling policies.

As for over 10% of motorists being uninsured, here you go. Think on the next time you are driving. Over one in ten of those deadly vehicles is uninsured and won't be stopping if they kill you. My car is insured when I leave it at home to ride my insured bike instead - is your pushbike insured, are your kids?

All that aside, you need a sense of proportion. See the beginning of the thread for more on that.

im still waiting for proof of the over 10% of cyclists insured, home insurance is for the home, and not everyone has home insurance, i have car insurance but do not have liability insurance except when im driving a car, home insurance does NOT specifically cover you for riding a bike!!!

im still waiting for proof of the over 10% of cyclists insured, home insurance is for the home, and not everyone has home insurance, i have car insurance but do not have liability insurance except when im driving a car, home insurance does NOT specifically cover you for riding a bike!!!

Sorry but do I sound like I give a stuff about your weird sense of proportion and priorities?

Just drive safe and give plenty of space and time to pushbikes.

This figure of 10% probably is roughly about right. They will be the hardcore serious cyclists that live cycling, that probably are about 10% of all cyclists.

Sorry but do I sound like I give a stuff about your weird sense of proportion and priorities?

Just drive safe and give plenty of space and time to pushbikes.

so no proof about cyclists being insured then, i stand by my post about cyclists causing damage to vehicles when they are in the wrong, and i do give room to cyclists, just a shame they cannot extend the same courtesy to other road users

so no proof about cyclists being insured then, i stand by my post about cyclists causing damage to vehicles when they are in the wrong, and i do give room to cyclists, just a shame they cannot extend the same courtesy to other road users

A cyclist has never damaged your car, you dont know anyone that has had their car damaged by a cyclist, and you have never witnessed such an incident.

Am I right or am I right?

You didn't really expect one from the 'Martini' cyclist brigade :- 'Anytime, Any Place, Anyhow.

A cyclist has never damaged your car, you dont know anyone that has had their car damaged by a cyclist, and you have never witnessed such an incident.

Am I right or am I right?

No, you are wrong actually, and when i pulled them, i got a lot of abuse, even tho i was sat in a queue at the time!!!

That didn't happen did it? "cyclist crashed into me while I was stationary and told me off" is the most ludicrous story imaginable.

You must get your priorities straight. 2 million uninsured motorists. Almost 4,000 people a year killed on our road, less than 1 of them the fault of a cyclist.

A bit of exercise clears the mind nicely. I recommend a pushbike to work to set the day up.

Archived