No claims question

If I have 2 cars and I have so many years no claims can I use these on both cars or just one?

In my experience, even though you can only drive one car at a time, two cars means two policies each with different NCD.

Didn't make sense to me when I was considering having two cars but I dare say there'll be an insurance company who takes a different view from the one I was talking to (in 2006).

If I have 2 cars and I have so many years no claims can I use these on both cars or just one?

As far as I know, the answer's no. Actually, maybe it depends on if they're on the same policy or not ?

Then again, things might get a bit awkward; what if you have an accident on one car (your fault, btw) ? - presumably everything will be affected (providing you haven't protected the claims bonus).

I recently came up against this. We have 2 cars. I have 7 years no claims and my hubby has 4. I tried to insure them both in my name but was told I could only use my no claims on one car/one policy. So I insured the smaller car in my hubby's name and the bigger car in mine. You can only use the NCD once unfortunately BOOO!!!!

Archived