Esporta V Virgin

Hi can anyone tell me the price for these gyms, i need a membership for me and my 10 year old . Thanks

Just ring them they will be happy to tell you the price. I found Esporta more expensive for the flexibilty I wanted but seemed to be very geared to children and the elderly. Virgin is more 'basic' but I think has a better pool and I would say is aimed more for the younger crowd.

I personally would visit both they have a very different feel to each :) You will just 'know' which one is best for you :)

Hi can anyone tell me the price for these gyms, i need a membership for me and my 10 year old . Thanks

Instead of paying £60+ a month, why don't you go to a local gym attached to a sports club. You can use the gym whilst your child is booked into a tennis / football / squash session. Would obviously cost you extra for the child each session, but quality a lot better than the gym kid session which are basically childcare (cutting, sticking, playing tig).

Esporta is more expensive compared to Virgin but as someone has said, I personally think that Virgin has a nicer feel to it, it's airier and brighter. I'd look round both if I were you and get a feel for them as they're very different. If you're after a social life outside of the gym I think Esporta is probably better as I gather that they run social events.

I'm a member of Virgin and have been for 7 years, as are my kids. The creche is good as is the kiddies' swimming pool (which is better than Esporta's I think). The staff are very friendly and the class timetable I think is better and more varied than Esporta's.

I have been a member of esporta for 7 years and have four children. It is very family orientated with classes dedicated to kids on a nightly basis. It has a nice restaurant and bar and equipment clean and well maintained.

It does cost a little extra but it is well worth it.Regards A.jones

• 3 weeks later...

Archived