Catching a bus home

...other buses terminated at High St , Commercial St , Bridge St , and Flat St , but as you say about 75% were mainly operated from CBS - Central Bus Station , or just called Pond Street , and everyone knew you meant the bus station !

Shame that all the money which has been spent down there redeveloping , that the "new" station often looks more like a "ghost town" these days . Seems like the heart has been ripped out of the city ?

The Sheffield Interchange (or Pond Street bus station to you and me) was planned in the days before buses were run by private enterprise, and lots of buses used it. Since deregulation in the 1980s, buses have gone to where the fares are to be had - in other words, the main shopping and business areas of the city centre. This is obviously not Pond Street.

• 6 months later...

Hi again Hillsbro, thanks for the bus list, having worked on the buses around that era, it brought back some lovely memouries as I used to know where all the buses went, sadly now I have to think which bus I need then go on line to find out if it has changed and usually it has, so the car does the work now, or I dont bother going. Far too many changes achieving so little.

Archived