Catching a bus home

I'm impressed by the latin plural: termini....
Yes, and I just noticed the apostrophe before the word BUS in the title MOTOR 'BUS TERMINI. Of course I went to school on an OMNIbus (and passed 'O' level Latin, 1963. I can still remember the school song, ♫Tempus est ut concinamus ♪)..:)
... I used to know where all the buses went, sadly now I have to think which bus I need then go on line to find out if it has changed and usually it has...
Quite right - looking at the list, the 57, 69 and a few more are still the same, but most of the others have either stopped running or (for some odd reason) changed their route number - e.g. 7 is now 11 (why?) and 50 is 30..:confused:

remember running down snig hill for the last bus 89 back to yew lane

inspector used to blow a whistle at 11 o clock i think it was.if you missed it bad luck there wasnt another till early morning

23:15 on the Dot! Then someone got hit by a Bents Green Bus in High Street one night, after the enquiry, the signal was given out by radio.:cool:

Note sure but I think bridge street as been left off the list.

Basicly when dereg started and competiton arrived then if a new operator ran there serivce through the city centre and the established one didnt then it was a case of change it or loose people to the new service.

Some established serices like the (then) 41 used to run direct to bus station but then started a loop , unfortunatley passangers have got used to this and if it was reverted back then there would be problems

Our buses which were out of town ones ran from Pond Street, 65, 67, 68 and 73 or I could go to Bridge Street and catch the No. 10 (later 110) get off on Colley Road or Colley Cres and walk rest of way or 76 and walk from Lane top terminus, that went from High Street

Note sure but I think bridge street as been left off the list.

Basicly when dereg started and competiton arrived then if a new operator ran there serivce through the city centre and the established one didnt then it was a case of change it or loose people to the new service.

Some established serices like the (then) 41 used to run direct to bus station but then started a loop , unfortunatley passangers have got used to this and if it was reverted back then there would be problems

When I lived on Parson cross, in the early 1980s, the 79 bus left from bridge street station. It was a bit of a hike from there to the bus station in Pond Street.

Archived