Mot test every 2 years

As Paddy said, the MOT is when most people find out something is seriously wrong with the vehicle. Other than my car enthusiast friends, I dont know a single person that does even the most basic checks like tyres/bulbs etc.

One of my neighbours (I won't specify the gender *COUGH* female *COUGH*) even took their car into the garage because "the washer jets weren't working". Turned out the reservoir was out of fluid. When told this, the reply was "oh, I've never opened the bonnet, I've only had it 19 months"

IMO the car side of things is ok. It's the bloody drivers that need some form of MOT

Sounds good at first but when you think about it, it's going to create the risk of having an increase of dangerous crappy old cars on the road, and what about the poor MOT garages? I think some how they may consider doubling the MOT price so they don't loose out as much.

Archived