Terraced houses and motorbike access

Can anyone give me some advice on the following.

The terraced house which I live in has one passage that serves 4 houses and their access to the rear.

The house that I live in has the passage running to the left and partially under the house.

On the otherside of the passage is our neighbour who owns a motorbike that is stored on his garden.

To get the bike from his garage to the road he has to try and navigate it through his single gate, then, to be able to actually get his bike down the passage he has to drive forward and backwards until he is able to ride it down the passage. He comes as close as he can to the rear door and depending on which way his bike is facing, fulls the kitchen with fumes.

Whilst in the passage the next floor up vibrates very loadly, this is also the floor where our 3 children sleep.

On most days, although it can be quite noisy we do all we can to make sure the yard is empty of the children's toys and that the children are brought in while he does this. During the winter, this is mainly at weekends, with most days going to work in his car.

However, now the summer is coming back he goes to work on the motorbike at 5am. This usually wakes the entire house up. Meaning the children, their mother and me are quite tired through-out the day.

Basically we are all now really not looking forward to summer and wondered where we stand.

The funny thing is, one summer, his wife told our chilldren who were in our yard, playing on one of the few days we got some decent weather to be quiet, as her visiting grand-child was asleep. Although it was not agressive, my youngest who has difficulty with being shy was slightly upset at this and saw it has being told off.

Just to be clear, I'm not looking to be a pain to this guy. I just want to know where we stand should we approach him regarding this.

im not being funny but you need to grow a pair, there is no way in the world i would let this fella take the "mickey" when it involves your children being disturbed you seriously need to stand up for them

I have got a pair. I just like to know where I stand should he say he has the right to do it.

I'm not being funny, but you may be the type to get into things without the full facts behind you only to look a div afterwards.

I have got a pair. I just like to know where I stand should he say he has the right to do it.

I'm not being funny, but you may be the type to get into things without the full facts behind you only to look a div afterwards.

He is entitled to use the passage way on his bike - but he can sit and puch with his feet til he's outside... He probably hasn't given the noise much thought as he himself is used to it...

Archived