Insurance Companies

I cannot believe what has happened to me!! First time in 5 years a i make a claim, a small claim on my PERFORMANCE Car Insurance...with PERFORMANCE DIRECT!!! and they tell me i am not insured and have never been insured guess why??? My car has been insured with LIVERPOOL VICTORIA who do not insure PERFORMANCE CARS!!! Not Performance Direct, even though all the paperwork states performance direct)how wrong is that?? I am fighting this as i disclosed the fact my car was a performance/modified car also i was with liverpool victoria for 6 years up to the day i took out insurance for my PERFORMANCE CAR with PERFORMANCE DIRECT!!! As LIVERPOOL VICTORIA did not insure PERFORMANCE/MODIFIED VEHICLES?? This has got to be wrong. They then refunded me a full years premiums not bad but i had been insured with performance direct for 5 years!! But listen to this...they refunded the money to a card of someone i hardly know who's card i used as a one off payment!! Even though for the last 5 years they had been debiting my own bank account!!!

My car is off the road and now rotting as i cannot insure it and the test and tax has run out all through someone trying to steal it but failed as it was alarmed up to the hilt!! Can anyone advise me on what to do???

Regards and thanks for reading my rant.

I do not want this to happen to anyone else, EVER!!!

Kaz

When I do my renewal, there's always a question like "is your car modified or enhanced". Surely you told them then? If you renew online, then you should have a copy of the paperwork with the "yes" box ticked. If you renew over the phone, then they may have a recording of you answering the question.

Surely if you have the documents saying that you are insured then it is an error on their part which they should correct

Ha ha we are talking about insurance here, no i have it all on paper and... it was done over the net then on the phone 5 years ago!! You think they are gonna have a recording of a phone call, i hope so but i doubt it. Someone i know has made a claim with his insurance company for a commercial vehicle who does he end up insured with??? Liverpool Victoria!!! But nothing on any paperwork says this until you make a claim, i have just found out this is the case for my motorbike and my son's motorbike although it states hastings direct!

My car is off the road and now rotting as i cannot insure it and the test and tax has run out all through someone trying to steal it but failed as it was alarmed up to the hilt!! Can anyone advise me on what to do???

Sell it? Scrap it? Put it in a garage?

Let me get this straight.

You insured your car 5 years ago with Performance Direct and have been paying the premium ever since and receiving the certificate every year.

You have declared all the modifications and the paperwork reflects this and confirms that your car is insured with those modifications.

You made a claim on the insurance and have been refused and told your car has never been insured even though you have been paying every year and receiving the paperwork every year. Is the correct?

If this is correct they have no basis to refuse the claim.

Contact the Ombudsman for advice.

who does he end up insured with??? Liverpool Victoria!!! But nothing on any paperwork says this until you make a claim, i have just found out this is the case for my motorbike and my son's motorbike although it states hastings direct!

I've just checked a bunch of old insurance certificates and every one of them has the name of the broker at the top and the name of the actual insurance company in the wording on the certificate itself.

I assumed this was the case with all insurance certificates? :confused:

In fact isn't it a legal requirement that it be there? The law (Road Traffic Act) says that in every damage only or injury incident, you are obliged to provide details of your insurer to the other party and I assume that would be your insurer not your broker.

I've just checked a bunch of old insurance certificates and every one of them has the name of the broker at the top and the name of the actual insurance company in the wording on the certificate itself.

I assumed this was the case with all insurance certificates? :confused:

In fact isn't it a legal requirement that it be there? The law (Road Traffic Act) says that in every damage only or injury incident, you are obliged to provide details of your insurer to the other party and I assume that would be your insurer not your broker.

You're right..performance direct is a broker not an insurance comapny..the documents should show the actual company who is insuring the car..

Archived