Help or advise category c car

It could be fine, it just means that it was deemed too expensive to repair. My Volvo was broken into a few years back, all they did was smash 2 windows and scratch a couple of panels. The insurance estimator guy pretty much went round it with a fine tooth comb and identified every little mark to fix so they wrote if off! I still wish I had bought it back and stuck 2 windows in it, I was not bothered about the scratches.

If it's CAT C then it should be CHEAP. You then take it to Doncaster for a veichle ID check and off you go.

If you want a cheap far to drive to death then it's often ideal. If you plan to sell it on then it needs to be cheap.

If you have details of what damage was done and what repairs were done, when and where and the cost and the price is at least 30% less than a none Cat car I would think about it. Also if it was inspected after repair.

If you have any doubts walk. There are loads of 2nd hand cars out there.

It could be fine, it just means that it was deemed too expensive to repair. My Volvo was broken into a few years back, all they did was smash 2 windows and scratch a couple of panels. The insurance estimator guy pretty much went round it with a fine tooth comb and identified every little mark to fix so they wrote if off! I still wish I had bought it back and stuck 2 windows in it, I was not bothered about the scratches.

If it's CAT C then it should be CHEAP. You then take it to Doncaster for a veichle ID check and off you go.

If you want a cheap far to drive to death then it's often ideal. If you plan to sell it on then it needs to be cheap.

are you stupid? cat c means the car need to take a VIC test , your old banger with smash windows will be cat d , as the window cost more then your cars worth

are you stupid? cat c means the car need to be on a jig to make sure the car is staight, your old banger with smash windows will be cat d , as the window cost more then your cars worth

I think you are stupid! Or at least a little naive when it comes to cars. I own a cat c car - it needed a wing and a bumper. A big deal on a 3 Series M but not as a used part. A wing and a bumper doesnt mean a car isnt fit to buy. Ideally it should be cheaper and you should see pictures of the damage but dont rule it out. God a decent supermarket scrape requiring paint could render a car cat c......

Archived