Clifton park, Rotherham - pics

JanPud

Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can find old pictures of Clifton Park?

I was told once they used to have a section where there were animals kept and I'm just curious to see a pic?

I've tried picture sheffield.... :(

Cheers all

i can remember going to clifton park as a child and seeing the animals but it was mainly birds that i can remember. I can recall where the paddling pool is now there was a part where they had lots of bikes for you to ride, but they werent normal bikes to peddle one the seat went up and down another you had to peddle backwards to go forwards another you had to turn left if you wanted to go right. There was also an old penny farthing that i can remember my cousin tried to ride without success. Wonder what happened to all those bikes im sure the kids today would love to have a go on them.

I've got great memories of a place back in the late 40's. We used to go there from Sheffield to a dance hall called the Clifton Hall. They used to allow jiving and we'd go there in our zoot suits and knock everybody out like we were from Mars or somewhere. Is that in Clifton Park? I don't mean Mars, I mean Clifton Hall.

Remember going there as a young lad with my parants to go in the padling pool also taking my kids, I now use the park on a Tuesday morning playing bowls with the blind, we will be there 10 oclock with Rotherham blind bowling club. I am from Sheffield and play with Sheffield blind bowling on Wednesday mornings in Hillsborough park

Archived